“Reliably Tasty!”

Wild Ginger
Ranked #49 of 139 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have not dined in but my family and I have been repeatedly getting their carry out during the pandemic and it is always very enjoyable! I always get the crab rangoons and really like them

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed 12 July 2020

Finally got to eat at this restaurant. Been trying to eat there for 3 months. Very disappointed!!! Maybe I got there on the wrong day but my crab rangoon was burnt, my Lo Mein noodles taste and looked more like Chow Mein, and it also tastes as if it was infused with Parmesan cheese, no flavor whatsoever, my chicken wings looked recooked or should I say looked and tasted refried, just an awful experience. My hot and sour soup had so many pieces of tofu in it I thought that I ordered a tofu platter... and last but not least, the food just didn’t have any love in it. I don’t mean to sound insulting so if the owner reads this I’m truly truly sorry, but this was probably the worst Chinese food that I’ve ever had in my life. I swear I mean no disrespect but I don’t think that it’s authentic Chinese food as well. I really hate that I’m one of the very few that’s leaving a bad review for this restaurant but I had no choice.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank PointB510
Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

Hour and a half wait for our meal!
We were tired of the wait. Food was tasty but we were tired and didn’t enjoy the meal!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 2 April 2019 via mobile

Have been coming here every few months since it opened and have always found the food good and service sometimes slow but usually ok. After reading a number of bad reviews was concerned to come back.

I should not have worried. Went for dinner tonight and food was great and service very good. Could not have asked for more. I usually get sushi but tonight had the sweet soy skewers. Enough for a second meal tomorrow and cooked to perfection.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 8 March 2019

For a long time, Wild Ginger was my favorite Asian restaurant for dine-in and carryout. The last few times we've been there, the food was not nearly as good. On our last visit in March, 2019 the service was excellent but the food was the worst it's been. The egg drop soup tasted very burned and was a strange, very thick consistency. The crab rangoon were served on the same plate as my entree. The sauce from my entree got all over the rangoon and covered up any flavor from them except a slight burned flavor. They also looked overcooked. The chicken in my entree was tough, and the sauce was not as good and flavorful as it used to be. We were very disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2019