“Excellent Walleye”

Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Pellston
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse, known to locals as the "DLB", has a rich history of providing great food and service in a rustic log building overlooking Douglas Lake. The two giant fieldstone fireplaces offer the perfect dining ambiance during the winter* and shoulder seasons. Summer guests enjoy live acoustic music at the lakeside patio or dinner on the screened-in dining porch.
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Being an East Coaster we seldom find walleye available. Douglas Lake had it and prepared it perfectly. Just the right size fillet and with a perfect texture. My wife and friends had the planked whitefish which they also enjoyed. The hostess gave us a seat on the porch to oversee the lake in an air conditioned setting. Perfect in every way.

ShrimpLenny, Manager at Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks for the great review. As you know Walleye is a Michigan/Ohio delicacy and the Whitefish is truly an up-north fish. We pride ourselves on the fact that the chef is very adept at their preparations. We're glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I can always count on this place to have delicious food good service and a calm relaxing view of Douglas lake. I love this place and in the land of fudge and fast Meals it’s a welcome retreat

ShrimpLenny, Manager at Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you. You are correct, a meal is meant to be enjoyed and relaxed, we're glad you feel that way about us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

This is a very great place to eat. We ate outside. There was a nice breeze coming off the lake which we had a great view of. I had a 16 oz Ribeye which was cooked to perfection. I usually don’t like steak ate a restaurant because I’m usually let down. I loved the Ribeye! My wife got the scallops and risotto. I tried the scallops and they were great too.

Thanks Ronald, as the reigning "Best Steakhouse" in the Northwest "best of" voting we have a reputation to protect. So glad we lived up to your desired quality.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We planned a drive on a beautiful summer day with friends ending here for dinner. We did not expect the stunning setting on Douglas Lake! What a beautiful place that has been here for years, and we had great service from nice people, great food, and just a beautiful dinner. We sat outside on the porch, next to the hummingbird feeders with their busy little guests! It was a wonderful evening and we were impressed with the number of families that dined here and then sat out on the chairs on the beach, enjoying this beautiful place.

ShrimpLenny, Manager at Douglas Lake Bar & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thanks Kim, we can only take credit for a small portion of your overall experience and are pleased you had such a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Twenty years later and it’s still my favorite place to dine. The atmosphere is relaxing, the servers are professional, and the food is excellent. I was surprised to find limited seating available at 5:30 on a Wednesday. I guess that means the word is getting out about this gem of a restaurant. ❤️

Thank you very much. It's good to know that our hard work is appreciated. Yes, good news travels fast, and it has been a very good summer so far.