All reviews lake huron sunrise room hot tub private deck romantic getaway evening dessert breakfast was delicious each morning moon shadow little touches beautiful room moonshadow room inn keepers hear the waves fresh fruit sandy beach wonderful stay
Reviewed 11 August 2018

The Huron House may not appear to be anything special from the parking lot; but just wait til you get to your room....WOW!! We stayed in the Ausable Room. The bathroom had heated floors; an amazing, huge shower with jets coming from all directions; it also had a TV that we surprisingly discovered after closing the door. The room had a king bed, a sitting area in front of the fireplace and TV with comfy swivel chairs. That's also where you'll find your huge jacuzzi tub. The back door opened up to our private, covered patio with two chairs & table (for our morning breakfast - Delivered to your room!!) and also a 3-person hot tub! The view of the gardens, and Lake Huron are beautiful. There's also an outdoor sitting area surrounding the propane fire table......Oh, and did I mention you're on the beach of Lake Huron!
We can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: The Ausable Room is on the ground floor. Easily accessible and also had beautiful views of the gardens and the lake.
Reviewed 8 August 2018

What an amazing place! Everything from the customer service, breakfast delivered to the room each morning, desserts brought to your room every evening, amazing room with a view (Chevalier), grounds and beach were perfect. I cannot wait until my next visit!!

Room Tip: If you want the best lake view, go for the rooms without the outdoor jacuzzis
Reviewed 7 August 2018

An absolute amazing stay. Everything was top notch from the customer service, beautiful room, amenities (breakfast, dessert, TV channels/apps, etc), and amazing view/location. Restaurant recommendations were delicious. Perfect for a special weekend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Everett H, Owner at Huron House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your relaxing getaway. Everyone at the Huron House takes great pride in providing an experience where there are no demands. We hope that you will take time to visit us again for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Huron House was a wonderful experience from the lovely, room, terrific view and beautiful beach, and good breakfast. We sure did enjoy our stay there.An added delight was listening to the waves at night and enjoying the spectacular sunrise.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Many guests visit the Huron House because of the relaxing lapping waves of Lake Huron, the beautiful sunrise, and our beachfront location. We hope that you will unwind with us again.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

A couple years ago my husband, daughter and I were traveling through on our way to visit family in the area. We stopped by the Huron House out of curiosity. We were welcomed, given a tour of the whole bed and breakfast—including rooms that were under renovation. We were so impressed that we told family and friends about the Huron House. I even sent an email with a link to the Huron House’s website along with a recommendation to everyone at the law firm where I work. I am aware of Huron House gaining a few guests that came from our recommendations.

Fast forward a few years. My daughter wanted to plan a small (eight additional people) wedding and spend her wedding night at the Huron House. She and her fiancé traveled from the metro-Detroit area to find a place along the lake to hold a quick ceremony, arrange a dinner celebration, order flowers, etc. They spoke with a staff member at the Huron House and were led to believe that their request for a small quick ceremony was reasonable as long as the bride and groom were guests. Plans were made for a surprise wedding.

July 2018, our families were vacationing at a friend’s cottage in nearby East Tawas. Thinking we were going out to dinner, you can image my surprise and delight when we stopped at the Huron House and were told about the wedding plans. Alas, delight soon turned to dismay when out of nowhere a woman charged at us, screaming and waiving her hands. Before I could fully fathom what was going on, she was threatening to call the police!

At NO TIME was this staff member calm enough to reason with or help come up with a solution for this awkward situation. She never pulled anyone aside, but instead chose to scream and berate the groom in front of other guests and the couple’s family. She made such an unwarranted scene that a guest on the deck made a comment afterwards to me, “someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.” Our family has stayed at homes, cottages, bed and breakfasts, mom and pop motels and high-end hotels all across Michigan—from the very tip of Copper Harbor to the City of Monroe. From the City of Alpena to the quaint town of Saugatuck. We have NEVER been treated so disrespectfully.

When doing research on a product, restaurant, place to stay, etc., I skip the good reviews and mostly read the negatives. You learn more about a place or product that way. Some I ignore, for example, if someone complains that a seafood restaurant serves fish. However, if someone has a legitimate complaint, I look at the response to that complaint—how is it addressed? After our experience at the Huron House, I took the time to read reviews. I noticed, along with friends and family that now know our story, that if someone has anything other than a glowing review of the Huron House, the owner’s response is generally snarky and unapologetic. I compared the Huron House owner’s responses to the responses to complaints at other bed and breakfasts where we have stayed. Unbelievable.

There may have been a misunderstanding and there may have even been some confusion on the young couple’s part, but, in the end, the way it was handled and addressed was completely outrageous. The Huron House is a beautiful place to stay. I’ve seen it for myself. Unfortunately, the staff at the Huron House should probably take a refresher course on gracious host etiquette. Perhaps they should take lessons from the Boathouse Brewery where the owner set up a beautiful table for our dinner, came over and personally congratulated our families and hugged the newly wedded couple as we left. You see, yes, the ceremony to took place—Lake Huron is a big lake with lots of beach! We found an alternative place for the couple to stay for the night (facing the lake with a jacuzzi). They were treated exceptionally.

My favorite quote: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~Maya Angelou.

In my eyes, Huron House is unforgettable—that’s not meant to be a compliment.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Dina G

Dear future guest: This is a review by someone that has not stayed at the Huron House. Each year, we get many requests for the Huron House to host weddings. We are always flattered by the requests, unfortunately, our property is not set up for weddings due to various factors. What we do offer is a "Just You and Me" elopement package that can be viewed on our website. We have been honored to host several elopements at the Huron House.

The guests that are described in the review, did in fact reach out to us inquiring about a wedding. They were informed of our elopement package but they told us that this was outside of their budget. That was the last anyone at the Huron House heard of any wedding plans. Their reservation was made online and there was no mention of their plans to make the Huron House their wedding destination. At check-in, still no mention of their plans to have a wedding at our property. Imagine our dismay when looking out our window and seeing 20+ unregistered guests on our property with a wedding about to commence. We take the safety of our guests seriously. At no time are their any unregistered guests allowed on our property. The wedding party was asked to leave our property. It was unfortunate the way our management team was treated by the wedding party. Many of the wedding party guests became belligerent. One of them actually tried to chase our manager in to our private quarters while screaming at her. I'm sure this reviewers daughter was expecting her to be at her wedding. Unfortunately, the Huron House ownership and management team was not. At no point did the Huron House ever give the future bride and groom approval for a wedding to occur. I can't imagine that it is proper etiquette to show up unannounced, without permission, to have a wedding. If the future bride and groom would have went through the proper process, we would have been happy to host their elopement. We take great pride in being part of so many couples love stories, which we think is reflected in so many of our other reviews.