All reviews the cottages lake huron el cortez dish soap booked for next year cleaning staff condo bonfire theresa
Reviewed 4 November 2017

My friends and I have stayed here twice in the late fall. Such a beautiful beach! The waves softly brush the sand all night. Very peaceful and quiet in October. We stayed in the condo and enjoyed the kitchen. We even had a grill to use. We plan to be back again.

Room tip: best view is condo 5 for ground floor
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank clocks
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Nice lakeside location. Hearing the waves of Lake Huron was very relaxing, especially at night. I would recommend you bring your own pots and pans. There are only a couple in good enough shape. They have portable fans and heaters. The cottage was very clean and in great shape. We had a wonderful experience.

Room tip: Bring your own pots and pans as needed
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 5 August 2017

My family just stayed in Cottage 11 at Mai Tiki's main resort last week, and the other half of my family stayed in Cottage 13 at Tiki Beach Club (f/k/a the El Cortez Resort) - both resorts owned by the same family. They also own Mai Tiki Two. The cottages are simple, but clean. The staff is very accommodating. It was my granddaughter's 7th birthday and they decorated the outside of Cottage 13, and left a gift for her as well. They want to make sure you feel at home. They sponsor movies on the beach twice a week for the kids, have bonfires every night and music on the beach on Wednesday nights. We enjoyed our stay .. as a matter of fact we booked for next year before we left the Resort Can't wait to go back!

Room tip: All cottages are themed, take a look on-line and book early!
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LadyDi1957
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation online and contacted the owner Theresa directly to confirm. She confirmed the stay and the location we selected that day. However, the following day they called back now saying the resort was overbooked. They of course offered more expensive options or locations on the property that we were not interested in at all. Their website is extremely vague and difficult to navigate - you need to look at multiple websites to see photos of "some" of the properties available. When I asked for further details of the units I would be potentially moved to, the owner became increasingly more difficult to talk to. I think she forgot that as a business owner, it's a good idea to apologize to a customer when an error is made and then try to make it right. Theresa was rude, ill-tempered, unapologetic and dismissive. I feel it was a complete bait-and-switch operation as I was being pressured to pay a higher rate than I had reserved or move to an undesirable location. Thanks for failing to honor the confirmation you gave me and for disappointing my kids Theresa.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
15  Thank zzzooey37
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We had our wedding here in September. We had a blast and so did our guests. It was perfect for a laid back wedding. The staff went above and beyond for us. I highly recommend Mai Tiki resort. We plan on returning next summer.

Date of stay: September 2016