All reviews steam room restaurant staff off the menu farmers market an older hotel would stay here again clean rooms lake michigan grand rapids thermostat brewery arena bike upgrades
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I reserved a king room, but got a room with two beds. This ended up being a good thing because one bed had dirt and other stains on the sheets and blankets. The room was ok, but in general the rooms need updating. My door had a major gash in it was hard to close. It is an okay place for a couple nights and note they are redoing the hotel as well. The lobby and restaurant were fine.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We had to stay here because we were going to a wedding very close by. I would not recommend it. The hotel is in dire need of an overhaul. And they know it. There is a list of needed repairs up in the lobby and they do have a few checked off, but not enough. One of the elevators wasn't working so that was a pain in the butt since we were on the 8th floor.

Our room was clean, but there was a lot of moldings and wallpaper falling off. I didn't dare walk around barefoot. They claim that the beds are new and that they are pillow top. Well that's the hardest pillow top mattress I have ever felt. My back hurt after sleeping on it.

We did go to the bar for a drink and the bartender was super friendly. So that was nice. She gave us a map of the area and talked about the town with us.

Room Tip: High floor harbor view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Our main room was clean with new beds. The bathroom was dirty, our air conditioner leaked all over the floor ( maintenance did come and resolve the problem ), the room was very musty after the leak, no housekeeping the first night, no internet, the elevator was broken the first 2 days, the restaurant downstairs couldn’t get us drinks other than a drop off coffee carafe for 30 min both mornings. My kids waited patiently as I asked a few times for their juice. My daughter never even got her drink the first morning! My husband ordered off the menu and his food didn’t come until after we where done eating ( our kids 3 trips to the buffet worth ). His breakfast was the same potatoes and blackened bacon that was in the buffet with 2 eggs and toast. We asked for ketchup 3 times and still had to retrieve it ourselves. There where plenty of staff there to accommodate but just stood there chatting. Very dissapointing☹️ our first trip of the summer also forgot our housekeeping and we had a wedding party ( suite ) across from our room. We had the drunk wedding party screaming off and on for over an hour at 1:30 in the morning. The front desk did nothing literally. Should have went with my gut and not have come back a second time.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank wylie7144
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a work conference. Only one elevator was working upon check in and the lobby had many people waiting, Walking up to the 4th floor with a suitcase was not fun. A colleague of mine from the conference checked in after I did. My colleague was given keys to my room. While I was at dinner, my colleague checked into the hotel and was given keys to MY room. My colleague recognized my work bag and went back to the front desk and advised them the room was occupied. The front desk staff stated to my colleague they showed the room empty. Thank goodness this was an honest person as I had my computer and other valuable items left in the room.

I found the bathroom dirty and outdated. The actual hotel room was clean and comfortable.

They appear to be going thru a renovation of the entire building. This is not a place I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This place is great! Nice big rooms beautiful pool outside.and they even had hot cocoa for the kids.we lived it we have been here three times.every time we go.toichihan adventure.even had a nice office where we could print out directions and tickets!very great service.will be here again.going next month actually! Can't wait.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family