“Fantastic Day - Fantastic Gretchen & Melvin :)”
Review of Volcano Day

Volcano Day
Ranked #1 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Leon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Volcano Day, is a company from Nicaraguan owners, run by Nicaraguans,made for give you, the best hiking service, with the best guides. Enjoy great views and the adrenaline rush sliding down an active volcano! or Enjoy the sunset and look inside the mouth of this active volcano. Make a campfire and eat dinner.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We had a wonderful day hiking & boarding Cerro Negro, Melvin our tour guide and the German volunteer were brilliant, when we got attacked by bees they were so calm and took control of the situation. Felt very well looked after!

Also wanted to thank Gretchen (office staff) and the bus driver for being incredibly helpful and friendly and for helping us get to Las Penitas – cheers!

All reviews
"great company"
in 8 reviews
"free shirt"
in 4 reviews
"free shuttle to the beach"
"amazing sounding"
"afternoon trip"
in 3 reviews
"camping gear"

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing two day hike of adventures and strength testing with two of the workers there Carlos and Liam. I was the only one on the hike but they were very helpful and kind in their support as well as when they cooked me up my meals. I loved the challenge of climbing up these volcanoes to arrive at a breathtaking summit. There is nothing like reaching a beautiful place after a strenuous hike. Glad to have two fun guides to keep me going as well. I highly recommend this tour group!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had a wonderful time going volcano boarding with volcano day! Our original transport was a bit delayed but the tour waited for us, we loved stopping for mangoes on the drive and a couple beers when we got back was perfect! The hike was amazing and very fun to board down! Our guides Marvin and Rose were also awesome and made the hike and ride very fun! Awesome getting to hang out and get to know them a bit! Would highly recommend this tour! Great value with everything included and a great time!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Wow, what an experience I had at Volcano Day! My group did 3 days of tours (2 tours a day sometimes). I will start off with the tour-guides and volunteer-guides because they left one of the most-lasting impressions on my girlfriend and I. They were all extremely knowledgeable when it came to any aspect of our destinations that I had an interest in. From history to ecology to culture... I learned a lot and was inspired to learn more. The guides were a TON of fun while still staying professional and able to adapt to different types of customers. From the mix of guides that I met, many languages were spoken (English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German just during my stay). You don't get to pick guides but Antonio, Felix, Allison, Jake and Nuur were so awesome. Antonio was the local guide that took us on most of our tours and he really made us feel and truly know we were in good hands.

As for the places you can see, everything was amazing! We did the Mangroves, Cerro Negro, Asososca Crater, Sunset Telica and an awesome beach trip where I rented a surfboard and had a blast!

1  Thank James G