All reviews themed rooms wine and cheese reception continental breakfast endless summer largo room roman holiday front lawn hard boiled eggs bagels mackinac bridge cute room heated pool memory foam each evening colonial michilimackinac stayed here for two nights the main drag
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

The pool was not open in the morning or early afternoon- it opened later in the afternoon everyday, which was very disappointing for a family with young kids.

The blinds in the rooms are inexpensive plastic type that do not block out light. So the early morning sun was glaring in our faces which was an unpleasant way to wake up for our family.

The bathroom is extremely small, no closets and no doors to sink area.

The son of the person who works at the desk was attending and filling the food for the light breakfast. He wasn’t adding more food as it ran out. We had to ask him to bring more and he didn’t seem happy about having to do this. We we arrived some of the already few items were gone. We came down 20 mins before breakfast ended and he was trying to tell us it was closed. It was not. The son and his mother were not very friendly.

The other women there at the desk was super nice and helpful by providing many family things to do and restaurants.

Wine and cheese were ok - some Michigan wines and bulk Costco cheese and crackers.

The hotel is kind of cute, you can tell a lot of the renovations and decor were probably a “do it yourself” project(s). The beds were made with a wood platform and a foam mattress on top. Not the most comfortable.

This is a decent motel to stay for a night or two. It was clean and acceptable for a short stay.

Convenient location for going to the Island and beaches.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cally2811
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We were told that we had the best bridge view at the inn. Well if they think that looking through trees and only seeing 1/10 of the bridge is considered a good view, someone needs glasses. And we paid extra for this!! Room was old and cheezy. Needs decorations removed, cleaned and repainted. Would not rcommnd staying here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Enjoyed everything about our stay--except for the pool and checkout policy. We booked the room for one night, thinking we'd enjoy the pool in the morning and then get on the road around midday. Alas, we found upon arrival that the pool did not open until noon, and checkout time was 10:30 (to be fair, the checkout time was published on the website, though not the pool hours). Disappointing, because we booked the hotel explicitly because it had a great outdoor pool, and then were unable to use it. Caveat swimmer.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I found this hotel on Booking.com and made a reservation for one night. Then I noticed I could make a reservation directly with the hotel, saving myself $40 or so for a King size bed instead of two queens. So I canceled my reservation with Booking.com and made one directly with the hotel. American Boutique charged my credit card within minutes. Ok, all is good.. five days before my arrival I called Stacy at American Boutique to make sure all was in fact well, I told her what I had done regarding the cancelation with Booking.com. I wanted to make sure all was well before our arrival, she assured me that we had a room reserved for one night. Great?? No, we arrived from AZ for our reservation and Stacy informed us we had NO room reserved, it was canceled. WHAT, you charged my card I have the confirmation here, I talked to you on Monday, you told me "all is fine". We were told we could not stay there! If I wouldn't have called to confirm with Stacy that the room was, in fact, confirmed I would blame myself, but since I was reassured 5 days before our arrival that we had a room I blame them. Try finding a decent price hotel on a weekend the day of, in this location, it's not possible, we had to pay more money for a dump. I was so upset, it sure put a damper on our vacation. I will say that we were given two tickets for the Ferry ride to the island for our inconvenience, but it sure did not make up for the terrible experience we were put through being so far from home and trying to find a room late notice. Don't do what I did with Booking.com and if you do, double check and triple check your reservation with American Boutique Inn.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njhoyle58
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the Beach Party room... at first I thought “oh boy” but it was painted a serene soothing blue and the furniture was painted white... It was cute. The pool was heated; there were lots of places to sit outside and enjoy the view of the lake. Public beaches are just across the street but they are not the best for swimming; breakfast was decent and there was wine and cheese offered in the evenings. Definitely worth the price.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple