Open today: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome Mackinac Island Adventure

Amazing views of Mackinac Island, Arch Rock and the lake bed through the beautiful clear waters of... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
missautumn5678
South Lyon, Michigan
Great time! Highly recommend

We ventured as a large group on a guided kayak excursion with Nathan and Aric! Wow, what a... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
MemoryMakers33408
Jupiter, Florida

All reviews sunset tour took pictures our tour guide great guide life vests watching the sunrise highlight of our trip his knowledge skill level lake huron different perspective beautiful sunset great stories awesome experience great trip mackinaw city lots of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Our family of four (including kids ages 11 and 6) had a fancy time on our two hour trip to arch rock. Our guides Nathan and Megan were excellent at making us feel safe and comfortable. We all had a blast!

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank msully22
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Anthony was an excellent kayak guide. He was incredibly personable, funny and knowledgeable. My daughter is a competitive rock climber and Anthony gave her her a lot of extra attention to make sure she knew about all the hikes/climbs on the island. You can tell Anthony loves his job and cares about his customers.
Honestly, the kayak tour is the best thing I’ve ever done on the island.
I highly recommend this activity!

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank 942JessicaW
Reviewed 23 September 2020 via mobile

It was our 2nd time on the kayak tours and it was another very good experience. Our guide Arthur was very friendly and made sure to give us some good stories on the history of Mackinac. With that said, he also allowed us to just kayak as long as we stayed close to the group. This was our 2nd time doing the Sunset Cruise and would highly recommend.

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank bens0283
Reviewed 22 September 2020

The whole process was easy to book, show up and kayak! Just how it should be. The entire team at Great Turtle was professional and friendly. Our guide (Nathan?) was awesome and not only very informative, made the entire time a real pleasure. I would book these folks again in a minute.

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank RobiMitra
Reviewed 21 September 2020

after a brisk ferry ride from mackinaw city, i found myself once again in the quaint victorian-themed mackinac island. i’ve never been in a kayak or have tried kayaking before and was both excited and nervous to try the watersport. i was the only one who signed up for a monday midday time slot so it turned into a private guided tour with arthur. he provided me with basic kayaking instructions & basic safety tips. i was nervous at first and was fearful of falling into the waters. arthur reassured me that he can get me back in my kayak in no time in case it flips over. so after we put our life vests on, we hit the chilly waters of lake huron. the mid-september weather brought an abundance of sunshine with nippy lake breeze that day. arthur let me set my own pace and let me decide how far i wanted to go offshore. he’s fun to be around with & a professional as well. we were chit-chatting and laughing as i practiced paddling around the marina. the wind activity was minimal at the time, thankfully. i enjoyed navigating around the marina while taking in the islandscape and the views around me. i’m thankful to arthur for making my first kayak tour an enjoyable and memorable one. he was kind enough as well to take pictures of me so i wouldn’t be distracted by selfies while learning the basics of kayaking. i definitely would like to go back next summer. hopefully by then, i’ll be brave enough to navigate a more challenging route. this tour is highly recommended. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Date of experience: September 2020