All reviews wet room national holidays bar area evening meal short stay one night stay buffet style birmingham airport flat screen tv car park an overnight stay sauna and steam room excellent value for money comfy bed tea and coffee making facilities trouser press good nights sleep
Reviewed 15 October 2018

It was a business class room and was clean and tidy.....we did not eat there at all so cannot comment upon the food services.
The check in staff were all we met and they were great.
They must do something about smokers standing at the front door as the lobby and lounge stank of cigarette smoke.
When refurbishing bathrooms they should never use ceramic tiles with white grout as flooring as it turns black and let's the room down.
Paying to park is also a disgrace if a guest at the hotel.
Not likely to return here.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith T
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read your kind comments about our Reception Team.

Parking charges were implemented at the beginning of 2018, details of which are on the internet, to provide a secure on-site parking facility for all our guests.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say about this hotel except KEEP AWAY. £120 for a nights stay in what I would consider a very small room that some 1 had had a party in. The walls are all marked with I wouldnt like to know what and the blinds haven't been cleaned in many many months. When you check in they have the cheek to charge you another £5 for parking.... I couldn't even have a cup of tea as the kettle looked like a child had been using it to make mud pies. The receptionist also thought it was fine to discuss me and my booking with other members of the group who booked with me, I am sure there is some sort of data protection breach there. For the price you pay and the name you would expect something much better, but it's really just a contractors hotel. The breakfast was barely edible and they had obviously run out of coffee beans for the machine as all you could get was hot water. All in all it was a experiance i would never repeat.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Here we go
1x no WiFi signal in room and when I went down to ask about it I got told by staff they know there is no WiFi on that side of the hotel and as I may have a old phone it want get a signal so that was a pain
2x needs a paint job badly
3x the sides of the mattress are cloulaped and needs changing
4x the sink in the bathroom leaks and as the floor is not level it hangs around the bottom and after a day it skinks I used the shower to flush the water to the drain
5x the pizza was good
6x the duvet cover had a smell

I did not speak to staff at the time because of the don't care

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Roving778844
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review; the contents of which are all noted.

It is regrettable that you did not visit the Guest Services Office in the lobby during your stay and also that you did not speak to our Reception Team. We genuinely do care about our valued guests and always want them to have a super stay here at the Quality Hotel Coventry. We could have easily addressed the issues you mention without question.

Unfortunately, once guests have left the Hotel there is nothing we can do to improve their experience during their stay.

Sincere regards

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I came to stay here for 5 night, my first time staying in a hotel alone, the room was lovely and clean and a nice size, staff were friendly, I came late to breakfast and they’d run out of a few bits so they gave me a discount. I left the do not disturb sign on my door even when out as I was anxious about having someone in my room, the maid noticed this and stopped me in the hallway every morning to check if I needed anything extra and made sure I knew who to ask if I did need anything. All in all a very good experience, if I’m traveling to Birmingham alone again I will definitely be staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank kerrymexx

Hello and thank you for such a wonderful review following your recent stay here at the Quality Hotel Coventry.

I am delighted to read that our Team made you feel so welcome and also that they went 'the extra mile'; superb reading.

So, come and see us all again very soon and don't forget to book directly with us in order that we can offer you a discount on your next stay (subject to availability).

In the meantime

Warmest regards

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We came to this hotel with a coach tour. It is not a plush place but clean and comfortable and the food is tasty and plentiful. The staff were, without exception, brilliant. They were friendly, cheerful and helpful. When we were late back to the hotel the chef and her staff stayed to make sure we were all fed.
Rooms at the front get traffic noise from the dual carriageway.
The reasons not to give it 5 stars is that
1) It did not have a lift
2) They charge to park. If this is to stop commuters using their car park they could give people staying at the hotel a dated sticker for their car.
3) Disabled access is not immediately obvious.
BE AWARE, the hotel is on a service road and the SatNav does not know this. Get directions from the hotel.

1  Thank Rosemarie000

Good Afternoon

Thank you for such a lovely review following your recent stay here at the Quality Hotel Coventry.

I am delighted to read that our Team made you feel so welcome and also that you totally enjoyed our delicious meals; Chef sends a special personal 'thank you' for mentioning this.

You mention parking charges but I must confirm to you that this charge does not relate to any coach tour - coaches are parked on a complimentary basis. Also, whilst writing, the coach companies that visit us all have a full inventory of our facilities and, indeed, we do not have a lift and limited disabled adaptations.

We all work so hard to ensure our guests have a relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable time with us and to know we got it right again makes the effort totally worthwhile. Perhaps we will see you again in the not too distant future?

In the meantime