All reviews art museum cookies and milk great hosts house is beautiful b bs breakfast was delicious thought of everything within walking distance before bedtime a lovely place to stay pillow bar rooms are beautiful every amenity modern amenities whirlpool tub the location is perfect third floor
Reviewed 16 October 2016

This B&B was one of a kind! A beautifully restored Victorian home and service that can't be beat. The staff could not have been more informed and helpful and pulled out all the stops to make us feel at home and like royalty at the same time. The room was beautifully appointed and had every amenity. They truly thought of everything we could have wanted. The location allowed us to walk around downtown and checkout local pubs and restaurants. Mini fridges and coffee service on our floor, fresh cookies in the evening and an outstanding breakfast made the stay a treat!! We will absolutely be back to bike the trails around Kalamazoo and enjoy this gem!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor require climbing many steep stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016

This B&B is a beautifully restored and decorated Victorian house located near downtown and minutes from WMU & Kalamazoo College. This was our second stay at the Kalamazoo House . The other reviewers have raved about the hosts, the breakfast, (props to Garrett), the service...and it's all true! So I will just jot a few notes about the two rooms that we stayed in. The first time we stayed in room #2 which is one of their smallest and least expensive rooms with a queen size bed. We were very comfortable, perfect if you are not planning to spend a lot of time in the room as there aren't chairs to lounge in or a desk (but you can use the tables and chairs in the beautiful common areas downstairs). The location of this room at the top of the stairs may be less than ideal if you are a light sleeper, like I am, since the the other guests have to pass by the room to get to theirs. The second time, we stayed in room #11, which is also a queen size room but located on the third floor. This room is a little larger and has two chairs for lounging and a desk and was very quiet. However, since the room is on the third floor the ceiling was slanted in the bathroom, which was fine for me, but a little cramped for my tall husband. I think next time (and there will definitely be a next time), we will splurge for one of the larger rooms. Kalamazoo House is a delightful place to stay (when's the last time you said that about a Comfort Inn?) and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came here for our anniversary and had a perfect get away. We loved the room we stayed in and we were able to peek in a few others that were not occupied. Owners and staff were so nice and accommodating. The location is perfect for beer and blend food lovers. Very good breweries and restraunts are within easy walking distance. So many little touches inside the house that were delightful surprises. Would definitely recommend staying here over a hotel. We both still talk about our stay here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Incredible. Lovingly restored Victorian home. They thought of everything!!
Perfect location. Personal service.
You have full use of the various rooms around the house. There is a bar (BYOB) with glasses, ice etc.
Breakfast is cooked to order.
Gluten free products are available.
Next doot to the Art Institute. WAlking distance to many breweries and restaurants.
I can only echo everything that other reviewers have said.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Kalamazoo House for 2 nights in September. It was such a great place to stay. It is the perfect location and easy walking to fantastic dining options and brewery tours. Breakfast was amazing, as well as night milk and cookies. They have bottled water, pop, and keurig machines on 2 floors to help yourself to. We enjoyed the parlor area to sit and visit with friends one afternoon. It's so much better than a hotel room. Steve was wonderful, very helpful with any questions. I even forgot my shoes and he shipped them to me.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends