All reviews traverse city coffee maker mom pop room was clean platte river small bathroom night's sleep the sleeping bear dunes ceiling fan nice owners sand dunes a great stay mini fridge within walking distance chain hotels off the beaten path chris
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Great little hotel right off 31 in Honor. I’ve stayed there a number of times as it’s close to golf clubs, various lakes and all the things you want to see you up here in northern Michigan. Extremely clean, very reasonable and the owner Chris keeps everything in great shape! Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We made last minute plans to meet up in Traverse City with family. Being that it is tourist season, Traverse hotels are expensive and pretty much booked. We enjoy being off the beaten path, so I searched for places outside of the city and found the Honor Motel.

The motel is very cute and welcoming. I love the garden/arbor leading to the entrance which gives it a quaint sort of feeling. Although the rooms are very small, it was extremely clean and quiet.

Chris was very helpful when I made my reservation and was very friendly at check-in. Great people almost always make for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve read the other reviews and disagree with the rave ones. We stayed three nights here in June while exploring the area. Room was small and damp—humidity a problem if it’s hot outside. Bathroom is tiny. You can hit your head on the little shelf over the sink when you lean over the sink. Other than that little shelf there is no where to put your things in the bathroom. One towel bar for all the towels and wash cloths. One hook on back of door. We travel light because we ride our motorcycles and even so, we felt cramped in this room. One coffee packet is provided each day. There is no continental breakfast of any kind. There is one outlet with four receptacles on the wall for the coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave, TV, and cable box. Yep, you can’t use all at once. You have to unplug either the microwave or the TV to be able to plug in the coffee maker. The steady stream of traffic going by is a constant distraction. The blinds are not adequate to keep out street light at night nor the early sun. If you like a dark room you won’t do well here. We had two double beds that weren’t very comfortable. Two outdated, stained upholstery chairs in room which you have to pile your things on. Mattresses just “okay.” Fitted sheet wouldn’t stay on one of the beds. Overall we were disappointed. Really, none of the amenities of a regular motel so my husband and I deem this not worth the rather high nightly rate. This has location but not enough amenities to justify the price. The proprietor and staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing personal intended by this review.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
HonorMotel, Owner at Honor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Our rooms are smaller however they are clean, comfortable and quaint. When our new insulated windows and doors are open I can not prevent road noise as we are located on a main road. The receptacle on the wall has 4 20 amp outlets for your use, it can handle anything you could possibly plug into it. We've recently added a power strip for guest convenience. Humidity can be a problem in Northern Michigan and has recently come to light, we've promptly addressed this issue and have taken the necessary steps to significantly reduce humidity inside guest rooms. Our rates are comparable to other local Motels with same amenities.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our kayak group unanimously agreed to stay here again next spring. It was spotlessly clean, and Chris, the manager, was so helpful and friendly. The garden & plantings are lovely. A great place to stay on a quick trip.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My pet peeve when staying at a motel or hotel is cleanliness. Chris and staff have set a great standard of how things should be. Our room was squeaky clean, comfortable and equipped with the basics. I’m tired of the chain hotels, it’s nice to spend our money with local home grown businesses.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family