Review Highlights
Well, We Can’t Say We Weren’t Warned... but We Still Enjoyed our Visit!

We asked the ticket booth lady if there was much walking required to see this place, as my wife is... read more

Reviewed 5 October 2018
EwanderingMan
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Rainy day but interesting

Went on a cool day after a morning of rain. It was pretty much deserted. Enjoyed the walk through... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2018
susansD4207MJ
Lafayette, Indiana
via mobile

All reviews windmill island tulip festival gift shop gardens are beautiful street organ guided tour per adult united states admission price wooden shoes nice visit visiting holland full bloom great place to visit dutch village merry go round off season
Reviewed 26 December 2017

This is an interesting place with the authentic Dutch windmill that still works. An authentically dressed person gives tours and explains everything. The tulips are gorgeous around May - fantastic family attraction!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2017

My intent was just to view the Windmill and Marsh areas, so I did not go into the park itself or tour the Windmill. I was here a young lad for a school trip. I took some nice pictures and went into town to have lunch with a friend.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Windmill Island is beautiful wish we could have seen it in the spring with the Tulips I bet it was just amazing downtown as wonderful it's quiet quaint you can let your kids we let our 15 year old son just walk around we knew he was safe the only problem is once we got back to the DoubleTree there's nothing for teenagers to do a pool that's over salt in the floor it's got bugs in a 30 year old ping pong table now they advertise that pool table but we can find it the ceiling leaks that got stained tiles lights out breakfast is cold is just terrible other than that we have several times did General Manager couldn't see one and not to mention the hockey kids beating on our doors and screaming all hours of the night you call the front desk and there's nothing we can do deal with it but they did offer to give us a room after we paid $213 I will stay at the Baymont before I stayed there

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Dennis D
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Unfortunately it rained the day we visited, so we didn't get to enjoy the gardens, but we were still able to tour the windmill. The tour was very interesting with a lot of history and facts about the windmill, although with all the stairs we had to take our time caring the little ones up and down. My kids found the antique street organ to be a little loud, but I found it to be really amazing that it could play all those instruments and was built long before computers. They also have a very nice gift shop with a wide variety of wooden shoes and free burn engraving which makes for great souvenirs.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Our grandkids had so much fun visiting the Windmill Island. You will not be disappointed!Great experience.

Date of experience: July 2017