Lowest prices for your stay
US$132
US$132
FindHotel
US$130
Hotels.comUS$132
PricelineUS$132
Doubletree.comUS$132
All reviews double tree cookies close to the airport room was clean front desk staff shuttle lobby seminar banquet accommodations convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2021

At first glance, the room was nice, until we started getting settled in. I changed my toddlers bottom and there were no trash bags in any of the cans. We started a bath and flakes of paint were peeling off of the tub into the water. I went to pull out the sofa bed, and all of the linens for the sofa bed were dirty, and the pillow had blood stains on it, so my 6 year old slept with me in the bed. There are no covers on the duvet, instead, the very very obviously dirty duvet was sandwiched between two sheets, and I was completely grossed out when I saw the huge swatches of dirt on the duvet. My 6 year old was sitting on the floor and kicked her foot under the bed and out popped an empty water bottle- and it wasn’t ours because we brought refillable bottles with us. The HVAC unit was terribly loud. Between the HVAC, kids running in the halls, and the ice machine, none of us slept.

Trip type: Travelled with family
DoubleTree GR, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the issues that you experienced with your room during your stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

Updates on the lobby and common areas in recent years have improved the hotel; rooms are comfortable enough and relatively spacious. But if you’re here on business, beware—the internet is spotty and slow (1-3 Mbps) no matter where you are. I took to using my mobile phone to ensure a faster connection for video and other calls—and though my mobile connection wasn’t that great it was better than the hotel’s internet. In 2021, there’s no excuse.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SIGRAFF
DoubleTree GR, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of WIFI service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We are currently working on addressing these issues with our IT team and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 15 August 2021

This hotel is clean, quiet, and safe. It's convenient to the airport. A continental breakfast would have been nice, but the hotel restaurant was fine. I would stay here again. Beds were very comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2021
DoubleTree GR, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Rating and your great comments, I am delighted you liked the hotel. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2021

Price was to high for what we got.
Only stayed there because it was the host hotel for our group. Rooms need frig and microwave and Maintence needs to make sure everything works before the room is rented out.

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree GR, General Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your insight. We’re very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the in-guestroom amenities here at the DoubleTree. I certainly understand that having a microwave and refrigerator is convenient to have during travel. Please note that the room type you reserved does not come standard with a fridge unlike some of the other room types offered. We will take your feedback and comments into consideration for any potential future improvements. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 July 2021

The staff was great and everything seemed fine until I touched the bed in handicap room 101. I brought my wife from Georgia for brain surgery and trusted the room would be fine. Upon entering everything was very clean but I should have noticed the smell of mildew. I was tired having traveled all day from another hotel in Knoxville and a stop in an Ohio ER after my wife collapsed across the street at a restaurant.
One in the room I put stuff on the bed and immediately noticed how damp it was, almost wet. I went to the front desk and told them. I was told it had been very humid lately and an offer to remake both beds. I changed the one bed myself only because my wife was so exhausted she crawled into the wet bed. The new bedding had a slightly damp feeling too but I will concede by then everything felt wrong. By the next afternoon all the bedding was damp again. I cranked the AC down to 66 degrees in an attempt to dry the room a little. Finally we left and went to a competitor a short distance away.
I want to give a good score to the staff because despite the dumb answer about it being humid, they were kind and helpful.

However I believe they have a mold problem lurking somewhere, at least in 101. The building condition is on ownership.

Date of stay: July 2021