US$282
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$146
Candlewood Suites East Lansing(East Lansing)(Great Value!)
US$96
CandlewoodSuites
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$123
US$134
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$146
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$95
Priceline
US$133
US$110
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssummer safarigreat lakesbath saltsbreakfast was deliciousindian summerb bsromantic getawayarbor suitegas fireplacetwo sinkslarge hot tubthought of everythingsafari roomunique decoronce a yearchain hotelscomfy bed
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I normally stay at Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center when visiting campus. For my travel dates, the Kellogg Center was way to expensive so I looked for somewhere else to stay. Just based off of distance from the buildings I needed to visit on campus, I picked Wild Goose Inn. I called to book my room.

I needed a late check in, so they gave me a code I could use to unlock the front door. My room key and a note were right inside. When I arrived it was a little strange, because I could hear people talking but did not see anyone. I had the room upstairs to the left. I was surprised the room had a theme and it was cute.

The room was clean, it had a big tub. My room only had a skylight in the shower area so that could be a bit dark at night. Also, I had a very small balcony but the door didn't have a lock. I am sure I was paranoid, but it wouldn't have been hard to get on top of their fence, then the roof and then the balcony...if someone wanted to. I stuck my luggage rack and suitcase in front of the door.

They had a simple breakfast in the morning, and my first morning I met some of the staff. Nice people.

I was able to walk from my hotel to the animal science buildings on campus in about 20 minutes. The weather was nice and that was manageable. It rained one afternoon and I took an Uber for less than $5.

The day I checked out, I walked around and saw the other rooms. Most doors were open and some of them were more heavily themed than others. All were clean. Most had a great tubs, some in little rooms with vaulted ceilings. There seemed to be three rooms in the main house and four in the back house. The upstairs level of the back house was so pretty cool with a big balcony. I surprised a staff member looking at that room. He was scrubbing the balcony! They really seem to clean.

The house is old, so sound travels easy. Breakfast time was loud. When I first arrived, a college age party was happening in the apartments nearby and that was loud, but they went inside before 1 am.

Room Tip: The rooms are themed! Check out pictures to see your favorite
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank howmanypeopleareon
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I chose the Wild Goose Inn because I wanted to stay close to the campus and since it was my time back to East Lansing since graduating from MSU more than 20 years ago, I wanted to stay somewhere with a personal touch. The Wild Goose Inn exceeded my expectations with a generous, oversized room, Indian Summer, with its warm and inviting decor. Al, the proprietor was friendly and professional. I truly felt like I was a guest in his home vs. a hotel. Breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room with hardwood floors, antiques, and a copy of the New York Times! Peter, a friendly employee served me a homemade muffin and fruit as soon as I sat down. I tried to resist but the cinnamon aroma was too tempting. Both Peter and Al have an easy-going manner and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I stayed two nights due to a business Lansing, which was an easy five mile drive from the Inn. I look forward to returning and bringing my family.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2016

When I walked through the doors of the Wild Goose Inn, time seemed to stop and I felt what must have been akin to walking into Narnia. It is so beautiful, and the Innkeeper's attention to detail could be seen in every inch of the place. Rooms are impeccably cleaned. Location is practically on MSU's campus. Breakfast is INSANE, the portions are huge and each item is made to order. Staff members were all so accommodating and sweet. Kate and Paul took care of our every need. And we could listen to the Innkeeper's stories all day. The staff treats you like royalty. Wish we never had to leave and we will be back!

Room Tip: Tree Room, great lakes and safari room are the best!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

me & my wife stayed here for 1 night to visit MSU & this B&B is located in such an amazing spot to take in the university! it is so close to walking any part of MSU & is just minutes from downtown Lansing. we stayed in great lakes room which is a very unique room and has an awesome patio. HIGHLY recommend staying here & enjoying a very delicious breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our 20th wedding anniversary and it was a great experience. We loved everything about this Inn. It is right in the heart of East Lansing, yet it has a very relaxing feel about it. The room was outstanding! The deck area between the two houses was a perfect place to relax both for happy hour and again at breakfast. Al is an outstanding host!!! He makes sure that all of his guests are well taken care of. We have stayed at many B&Bs over the years and this one ranks right up with the finest we have visited. We will be back again for certain!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple