1,094 results
All reviewshyatt regencyshopping mallthe henry ford museumdearborn areadetroitvaletmi
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This used to be a wonderful hotel - but has not been kept up and left to disintegrate! No working pool now. Many plumbing issues are evident when one walks the hallways with wallpaper rolled up and a 4 x 4 plywood over the needed repair areas. The comforter was well past useable - when wondering what the little hard bumps were - hold it up to the light and see how the filling has disintegrated to little dark, hard bits. Others in our group had no heat control - either room was too cold, or too hot. Signs advertising ice dispenser - but none there. VERY DISAPPOINTING - WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: First time I have ever had to post about such a negative experience - and I do not want others to make this same mistake.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The exterior looks fantastic as well as the lobby and first floor.  If the rooms were the same this would be a 5-star review.
Upon checking in I was hit with a refundable $50 incidental fee to my credit card.  Who does this anymore?  Then I'm told it will be credited back to me in 7-10 days.  Normally a credit refund is processed in three days, five at the most.  They are making interest on that fee to improve their bottom line. Multiply that times the number of rooms and days off occupancy and it adds up. Had I known the condition of the room I would of refused and looked elsewhere.
All along the hallway leading to our room sections of the wallpaper was hanging loose.
The room continues to disappoint.  The bedding looks like something out of a cheap budget motel.  The lighting is dim and insufficient.  In most of the room you could not read a book.  When I stay in a dimly lit room it makes me think it's dirty.  I can't confirm that as there wasn't enough light.  Putting low wattage bubs everywhere in the room tells you the management is cheap. There is no outlet to plug a charger into near the nightstand. However there is a clock radio that has a charging port, for an original iPhone.  Moving onto the desk there are two AC outlets, with one being used for the indispensable desk lamp with a small wattage bulb.  The bathroom was acceptable.  As for the Wi-Fi.  The signal was weak and it kept dropping.  Later there was no internet connection at all.  Inexcusable.  The one I've machine on my floor was out of order and from the looks of the sign it had been that way for a while.  I went to the next floor, no I've machine..  I found one in the next floor.  Finally, the security lock on the door didn't work.
I spoke to other guests both part of our group and part of another group. All were extremely disappointed and disgusted with the conditions of the rooms and the hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank DougMCincinnati
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Great location. Close to Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum.
So sad because the Hyatt was a beautiful place.
It appears nothing has been touched since it changed.
In great need of interior updating.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank jackar
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Hands down the worst experience we have ever had in a hotel. The hotel rooms were filthy and dated. Security had to help us get IN to our room because our door handle was sticky and backwards--our 12 year old girls couldn't open it themselves all weekend long. Everyone in our room immediately had sinus congestion from dust and mold. The shower curtain looked as if it had not been cleaned in years--visible white streaks/buildup--I hope that's all it was. The toiletries were half-used, despite none of us using any of them all weekend. Our TV didn't work. All room issues were reported and despite security coming to look/help, nothing could be done. Staff was rude and condescending, restaurant was slow and inattentive, no room service was available our first day but even the front desk wasn't aware of this. Head chef was outwardly combative, condescending and rude IN FRONT OF our children. Banquet manager was also condescending and rude, lots of doublespeak, and most importantly did not treat each group equitably in regards to bringing in outside food--despite having nothing posted thru their entire hotel (video to follow). If our convention returns to this location, we will stay offsite.

Room Tip: The only room tip I have is don't get one here. From filth to getting stuck inside to getting stuck outside to horrible temp control to bed bugs? We either had or heard it all. Go somewhere else and thank me later.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank hccb78
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a nice lobby but that’s about where the attraction ends. Between the wallpaper peeling off in big chunks up and down the walls on our entire floor (5th floor), the exceptionally slow elevators and the 3 hour and 2 call delay to get wash cloths(we had none) and 2 bath towels. We also had no bath mat and only 1 tiny shampoo, conditioner & lotion for 3 people. I could not in good conscience recommend this hotel.

There is valet and the self park lots, although a bit of a walk, are free. The staff was nice on both check in and check out. There is a bar in the lobby and a coffee shop with bagels, a few danish options, bottled drinks and sandwiches. There is a microwave and toaster to do it yourself around the back side of the cashier. They also have a gym but my friend who used it said it was dirty and a bug was crawling across the floor. Will not be going back!

They are in need of serious renovations and deep cleaning on the room floors.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family