“Hidden Gem”
Review of Old World Cafe

Old World Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were visiting friends of ours in Petowsky and we all decided to take the scenic drive. We came out in Cross Village ( where our friends are familiar with) and it was 11:45am, the place our friends were taking us to was across the road. We looked around the grounds, to the place we were being originally taken to, and then I looked at the menu and found that since I do not eat red meat or pork, this would not be my type of establishment. We then walked outside and saw across from us this unsuspecting restaurant , it was called Old World Cafe, Italy and Europe in general are my personal favorite places to visit, so upon walking in I was stunned and the detail. We then were greeted by Heidi Jo and were given the background on this unsuspecting building we were in. We loved the menu choices between breakfast or lunch and we could have wine! We then were greeted by the owner and builder of this pain staking love shack he had built. He himself was European and had developed this concept and building for 3 years. He was a beautiful soul, nice and what everyone would expect in an owner who loved what he built and does daily. We then had our food delivered (which his wife cooked) and it was fabulous, great size portions and such a find. If you're ever in Michigan and want an authentic, in every way, meal from Europe and the heart you have to go to Old World Cafe!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Decided to try this place when Legs Inn had a 30+ minute wait. So glad we did. The interior is SO charming, and the service was perfection. We ordered the caprese salad, french onion soup, and the vegetable lasagna, along with wine and coffee. All of the food was absolutely delicious. The soup was different than usual - onion soup with croutons and a mild white cheddar grated on top, not melted. Lots of onions. I liked it better this way. We learned that the owner's wife is the cook - she's amazing! Try this place - you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were on a weekend road trip to Michigan. We were headed to the Tunnel of Trees and looking for a place for a morning meal. We were told by a kind lady at a local convenient store about Old World Cafe. It was fantastic. My friend said it was one of the best Eggs Benedict she ever had. I had eggs and sausage. The meal is served on dinnerware you would expect at a top rate fine dining restaurant. The food is farm to table and it was exceptionally good. I will be telling everyone I know about this secret gem. That won't be secret long.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We visit Harbor Springs each year and had previously visited Cross Village to dine at Legs Inn... which we'd found to have mediocre Polish cuisine. We decided to come back this year to try the new Old World Cafe, for lunch. What a revelation! The food is superb! Top-notch farm-to-table ingredients, prepared imaginatively in a gorgeous restaurant... at very reasonable prices. I had the braised beef brisket sandwich, served on grilled sourdough bread with sun-dried tomato pesto and arugula, and my wife had the croque panini sandwich and tomato basil soup. To sum up...if you travel to Cross Village, skip the long line at Legs Inn (a tourist trap)... cross the street, and be prepared to have your mind blown.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Cross Village is tiny and has only 2 places to eat. The Old World Cafe, only 2 years old, serves only breakfast and lunch, but has great menu, delicious food, wonderful friendly services, and is well worth a visit. Ornate decor, very comfortable, clean.