All reviews budget hotel breakfast room yogurt would stay here again bed was comfortable traverse city first floor clean rooms cadillac area cleanliness lake award repair highway
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a room for an overnight stay. Wanted a reasonable rate. This room was still over $100 which way too expensive for what it was. Room was outdated with an odor that was not good. Did not want to walk on carpet barefoot. It had wet feel. Sheets were clean. Refrigerator didn't work.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Our hotel will be going through some updates soon which include the carpet. If you find a cheaper hotel in the area you will not get the quality. As for the refrigerator when they are plugged in and turned on they all work. I'm sorry your stay wasn't enjoyable. Come see us again and we will try to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

From the outside you may think that this is a worker motel. I think some workers stay here, but it is great for the traveler as well. The rooms were cleaner than I expected and the breakfast was the best that I ever had an Econo Lodge. I am going back to Cadillac next year and I will be staying there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I take great pride in my staff and the overall facility. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

...and nothing you don't.
It's an economy hotel. But, it is clean, the staff is friendly, and there is 24 hours a day hot coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
The beds were comfortable. I liked that all rooms had access to the outdoors, it made unloading the cars very easy.
The TV reception was poor, but we got in late and left early so we didn't have time to watch much tv.
The breakfast was very basic. Bagels, prepackaged muffins, cereal, juice, etc. Basic, but decent.
The only critiques I have were that the heater was very loud and kept me up all night and that the snowmobiles outside were very when they pulled up to the room next door. Maybe a snowmobile parking lot would help?

All in all, it was a perfect resting place for a night at a great rate.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We strive on guest comfort. Please come see us again when your in Northern Michigan.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We are Choice Club members and travel a lot for sports, this Econo has what we needed, comfy beds, warm room and high power shower... My wife is a smoker and was very accomodating for her to step out the front door and enjoy, also free breakfast in the morn hit the spot..(not hot breakfast, but bagels, cereral, coffee, juice and fruit)... all we needed before heading to the rink.. free wifi helps also.... and we really enjoyed the throw back tvs, and retro bathroom.... Front desk staff was very efficent and helpful, cleaning crew obviously cares about their jobs also..place was spotless... we will stay here again for travel...

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Mary B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for stopping in. We look forward to seeing you again when your in town.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Had to go to Cadillac for a night and knew that Choice Hotels had a promo. Made reservations at the Econo Lodge and was not sure how it would be because the pic had outside entrances. The ratings gave me an indication that it was clean, but I was expecting dated. NOT the case. The rooms were VERY clean, well decorated and comfortable. Great surprise. Kendra at the front desk was so helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side. Not terribly noisy, but when it's quite you may hear a bit of road noise on the road side.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeCadillac, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lode Cadillac.
It is nice to know that you enjoyed the stay and services.
We are looking to improve our overall services still better.
Definitely we are improving a lot and we look forward for your next stay so that you can experience it.

Regards