All reviews hot tub room was clean free breakfast sleeping bear dunes traverse city hill resort a nice place to stay scrambled eggs get away indoor pool biscuits and gravy small town glen arbor up to date short drive cereal internet
Reviewed 23 July 2018

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here so that he could be near a work conference. It is a 2 star hotel, and it lives up to that designation. The room and bathroom were very clean. However, it was loud late in to the night for our stay. It appeared to us that this hotel might have a "party hotel" reputation. There were kids running and yelling in the hallways. Adults opening and closing doors often as they left to smoke, etc. The doors do not have a soft close function, so we were awakened all night long by the coming and going. The staff was friendly, but there seemed to be something weird going on. We couldn't quite put our finger on it, but the whole place made us feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank eashaffe
ScenicHill, Manager at Best Western Scenic Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for your patience during the wedding fiasco. Your business is appreciated.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT stay at this hotel!!!! I booked a room for two nights through Hotels.com for 7/11 - 7/13. I cancelled the reservation on 6/6/18. The hotel still charged me $269.99. I called them and they said they would not refund my money because I hadn't cancelled the reservation. I advised them I had an email confirming cancellation. They then told me I had to speak to the General Manager - who the person answering the phone told me is NEVER there. But, the woman said she would authorize the refund. Still no refund. Called back, a different woman answers the phone and says they won't refund my money because we did not cancel the reservation. Go through the story again- she says we have to speak to the General Manager - who is NEVER there. Called Hotels.com, they agree I cancelled the reservation, they call the Best Western Scenic Resort for me - they tell Hotels.com they won't refund the money. Hotels.com is being good, they have their billing department involved now, but it will be ANOTHER 3 business days until I hear anything. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! Apparently, if you have an issue only the General Manager can help you and apparently she never comes to work.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank lmm1998

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Unfortunately, we have a strict cancellation policy.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This Best Western gets the highest mark because of a great kindness the staff did for my family. I don’t want to go into detail because I don’t think it is a regular service it provides, so I don’t want to invite requests from other travelers. But we are greatly appreciative. All staff members we spoke with were warm, polite, kind, and professional. The hotel is in a good spot, close to a lot of lakes, hiking, and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. We discovered many really good local places to eat in nearby Beulah. There may be cheaper hotels in the area but we found the beds here to be very comfortable and the hotel quiet. There is an indoor pool and complimentary breakfast, which is pretty typical fare.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ScenicHill, General Manager at Best Western Scenic Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for your review and your kind words. We strive to provide excellent service to all of our valued guests!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Worse experience with BW I ever had. Do not stay in room 119. Constant ticking in the room which hindered sleep as well as being near the door that constantly slammed shut from people coming and going. Woke up at 8am for breakfast, almost ALL the food was gone. One family mentioned portions were near non existent and the gal at the counter simple shugged and stated they were all out with no plans on replenishing food. 5 minutes into my eating my oatmeal, water started pouring from the ceiling from a sprinkler system, then into the fire alarm causing the alarm to sound. Obviously, the alarm sounded from shorting out the system. My party was rudely told we could NOT be in the lounge and that we must leave the area immediately. Totally fed up, we grabbed our goods and checked out. As I handed over my keys I got a "your all set". No apologies for the non existent breakfast, no apologies for the inconvenience, and to top it all off, not even offered a receipt. Which also means, no confirmation number to add to my Best Western rewards. NEVER EVER had an issue with Best Western until yesterday. The customer relations here really needs improvement or retraining on how to handle an "emergency" situation. This place IS pet friendly and the ONLY reason I'd ever stay here again!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tiffany H
ScenicHill, Front Office Manager at Best Western Scenic Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for your review Tiffany, I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Check in was easy and simple, room was clean and tidy, tv worked well and was easy to operate. I could not figure out the internet service, but was okay with that. Over all was very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank birenelynch
ScenicHill, General Manager at Best Western Scenic Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review, we hope to see you again soon!