All reviews looked nice the room was nice sleeping bear dunes deer motel pool shower lake summer
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Easy check in. The location was convenience. The room was nice and clean and decorated nicely. Didn't get a chance to use the pool but it looked nice and it has a really nice area out back. It's nothing fancy but we weren't there to hang out in our motel room.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Northwoods is an older style basic highway motel. Nothing cute or fancy, basic 40 year old style roadside lodging. The furnishings badly need replacement with more modern contemporary ones (the filthy shag carpet harbored fleas)! Bathrooms were tiny, and the shower stalls were extremely tiny, like those found on a cruise ship. That said, the on site owners were nice, and generous with a decently stocked breakfast. Rooms were clean except for the stained carpet. Just ask for additional bars of soap at check-in, as ours were too small to last for one shower!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Travelavel
Reviewed 29 January 2018

The room was very clean and the people were very nice. Paid over $100 for a small pet friendly room with no view except for the close by highway. This was mid week in late fall. No security lock on the door was troubling. Maybe in the summer a room with a view and pool access would be better.

Room tip: Pet friendly room was not a good value, no view. No deadbolt on door, felt uneasy.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank lindafrog
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The rooms were clean and the motel served its purpose. I as a little last minute making plans for our family vacation and I chose this motel because it was in my price range, close to the lake, had breakfast available and has this nice little pool. The pool was too cold for me but my daughter loved it and I enjoyed relaxing in their chairs and watching her play or reading. The room I stayed in was small and the bathroom was tiny and not convenient for a family with small children. There is no tub just a shower and barely room to turn around. We had a room in the front and the noise from traffic bothered me. All in all it is an ok little hotel in a beautiful area.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank ivynona
Reviewed 15 November 2016

My wife and I stayed here this weekend. Perfect place if you are in the Crystal Lake area. We were there taking photos of Northern Michigan. Microwave, Fridge, Direct TV. It's right across from Crystal Lake. In the rear of the Lodge, there is a duck conservancy area. There were about 30 ducks out there when we woke up. I would stay here again!! 20 minutes from Traverse City.

Date of stay: November 2016