Amazing stay! Better than expected. Centrally located to all the best this area has to offer.
House was beautifully decorated, tucked out of the way for quiet and relaxation but close to all of the conveniences with great food choices nearby!
I thought the owners were sweet! We needed extra towels and got them right away. I liked that we weren't bothered and we're allowed to do our own thing. Within a few feet of an awesome restaurant and bar, so we got to walk right back after our margaritas. I will do this again!
- Prime location (10 min from the Platte River run and down the road from ice cream , groceries, cherry bowl, put put, Crystal Lake Beach and Frankfort Beach)
- Interior decor is absolutely adorable (with the exception of the terrifying whale shower curtain)
- Amazing Mexican restaurant 2 doors down with live music (you can hear this from any unit!)
- Ornery, snooty, careless and rude landlords (details below)
- Landlords only accept check or money order to reserve and cash for remaining upon check in; they do not accept online payments and do not have cell phones.
- Once landlords take the payment, you will not hear from them again - even if you have questions. (We called for more garbage bags on the 2nd day of our stay... never heard back from them)
- Landscape is unkempt
- Hornets nest somewhere on the upper level
- No screen door on Unit 3
- No welcome mat for Unit 3
- 4 cup coffee maker (super tiny and had to make multiple pots for only two of coffee drinkers each morning)
- given 1 trash bag, for a four day stay for three people
Prior to arrival, my friends and I had some questions and it seemed to be a burden for the owners (Stewart and his wife) to answer for us. Stewarts wife was very snooty with me when we first spoke on the phone, the day before we checked in. She acted as if my questions were annoying to answer and stated that her unit had everything we could possibly need... which turned out to be false. There were many things they did not have, that we found to be "in need" of, that was not available to use.
We were 40 minutes late and had called twice to let them know, but since they do not own a cell phone, they may or may not have received my messages in time. I did as they asked and called as soon as I knew I was going to be late.
When we arrived, the first words out of Stewarts wifes' mouth was "Oh, you're smokers." When in fact, only one of us three were smokers and we had no intention smoking in the rental, but we were immediately judged and assumptions were made.
As she led my two friends up to see the studio, I settled the bill with Stewart. He was very adamant about receiving the cash payment before we could even see the unit. There was an issue with my check not arriving until the day before I checked in, so I had asked him to not cash it and I would pay in cash for the whole bill. As I turned around to ask my friend for the other $15 for the bill, **Stewart literally snatched the money out of my hand while I wasn't looking and proceeded to count the money and ask for the $15 that I just asked my other friend for.**
My two friends and I stayed in the studio unit (Unit 3). It is accommodated specifically for two with a trundle bed. We used the main bed and brought our own queen size airbed and it was perfect. The air conditioner worked well for the main room.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|