All reviews cinnamon buns dcu center front desk off the highway walking distance bed and pillows turkey sausage few machines room was clean free breakfast pancake machine nice bed right next door housekeeping staff the location is perfect pleasant stay the hotel manager
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel is older and desperate need of a remodel. My room was clean but old. Ugly carpet but a big tv. It is walking distance to a few restaurants and next door is a bar/grill and a Starbucks! Location is right off the highway so that’s awesome.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Hi L S,

Thank you for the review. It is great to know that you liked the convenience of our location. I was just concerned that you had some issues with the overall cleanliness and condition of our property and rooms and since you were not impressed with our carpet. I understand the inconvenience these issues may have caused you and I am sorry. I will let our team know about your concerns so we can take a closer look on how to improve on these areas.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We were happy with our overnight stay here. The room was spacious and clean, the bed and linens were soft and comfortable and the breakfast was generous and delicious. The staff was friendly and it was quick and easy to check in and check out.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I booked 10 rooms for my daughters wedding, I received an upgrade after I had to ask for it, no problem there. We were upgrade to a suite, which was large, had a separate bedroom and had 3 sinks which was awesome for getting ready. However, the couches were ripped, the pull out couch was so old, that my daughter slept at an angle her feet where higher than her head!

The room needed a good paint job, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom.

I will say the staff was great and accommodating, the free breakfast was good, the usual free breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Richard W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Greetings Janice:

This is Richard Walker with The Holiday Inn Express Worcester. On behalf of the management and staff at The Holiday Inn Express, I would like to apologize for issues you experienced with the couches and wall paper in the room. I have gone ahead and shared your comments with our head of maintenance and we will follow up asap.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We hope to see you again the next time your travels take you to Worcester.

Richard Walker
Manager
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel for business on the evenings of July 10th and July 16th. When I arrived the first time I had to wait at the Front Desk for about 10 minutes to check in. When the young man arrived he said nothing about my having to wait. What he did say was that I had to allow a $50 charge as a security deposit on my reservation "in case I trashed the room". I told him I was not comfortable with that and he said, "You really don't look like the type that would trash the room, but it is mandatory". I asked if they could just keep my credit card number on file instead and he said no. I told him I was concerned that it would not come off my account as I have has this happen with other hotel chains (which I now don't frequent) and he said not to worry, it would come off in a few days. It is still on my credit card after 21 days. Since I knew I would be returning the following week I asked not to be assigned room 18 (the one closest to the gym) as the air conditioner kept me up all night.

When I checked in on July 16th I advised the front desk associate that I did not want the $50 deposit charged to my room as the one from the prior week was still on my credit card. She said, again, it was a separate reservation and that it was mandatory. That charge is still on my account after 15 days.

I decided to try the Holiday Inn brand based on a recent ad campaign which made the chain look warm and welcoming. Unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations and I will likely not use your brand in the future.

The charges finally came off but I contacted the Hotel Manager, the Regional Sales Director, the Regional Operations Director and finally the Director Customer Experience Optimization at InterContinental Hotels Group. I received no apologies for my disappointing experiences which made the whole experience worse.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Kris1230
Reviewed 3 August 2018

good check in. very good free breakfast. clean room and nice bed. comfortable swimming pool. kind and considerate staff. pleasant stay. just why i stay at the holiday inn. not in a great area for eating out so we ordered in.

Date of stay: July 2018