All reviews pool table basketball court front desk full kitchen yogurt pull out sofa free breakfast my home away from home short drive extended stay indoor pool easy access business trip very nice stay many choices lobby area nice room
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The rooms were very clean!! The front desk was always helpful and welcoming. My husband and I liked the breakfast and workout area. We were there for the rowing races so it was a great location for us. We were also close to restaurants and shopping was near by.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Keeping Marriott standards to what is expected makes Marriott a reliable chain and keeps us Marriott fans when it comes to choosing a hotel. You know it will be clean, comfortable, and friendly. And the price will be reasonable and competitive. The hotel can't control how some guests behave and there can be slobs anywhere. We know what a Residence Inn should be and we plan accordingly. This place is no exception: convenient location, large clean rooms, reasonable rates.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank 11,542
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Did not have a good visit (starting with the bottle of warm water and small bag of crackers - from a plastic bin - that they reward their Platinum Members with upon checkin.... sometimes it's better to give nothing than something so ridiculous). This Residence Inn has a very poor setup with little parking in front, and rear doors that are poorly marked and the entire structure seems more like an apartment building than a hotel. It was even difficult to leave your car in front for the few minutes of check in (flashers on in a no parking zone). The dingy doors in the rear and side that I came in to were not ones that I would have wanted my daughter to do late at night (they need to add some super lighting to that area and to the rear parking areas). I have more to write but I will spare you.

Date of stay: April 2017
3  Thank NH_Maine_2010
Ricardo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review!
We do appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and you elite status. As a Platinum member you offer you a gift at check in time, which can be points or any item from the market. As a nice gesture, we also offer our guests water and some sort of snack, which is not required by the brand, but we do it anyway. We will take your feedback positively and try to improve our services for sure.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Another guest came into the lobby after me and attempted to engage me in small talk as I waited to be checked in. The front desk person seemed oblivious; he said my name, asked me to repeat my phone number, even said what room I would be going to. The other guest started using my name and asking more questions about my family, who was traveling with me, etc. I felt my privacy was very compromised. Nothing bad happened, but I thought it was standard protocol NOT to say the guest's room number out loud.

Other problems in the room: the temperature was set at 63 degrees and it never warmed up that night; the upper lock on the door is not properly positioned; the bedroom door stays closed unless you put something against it to hold it back.

The hotel was a typical Residence Inn in other respects, generally nice, but for obvious reasons, I won't be back.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank imho828
Ricardo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your feedback tremendously!
We are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We totally understand your frustration about your check in experience. It is part of our check in procedure not reveal the room number, especially if there is any other person around. We will share your comments with our front desk associates and make sure this never happens again.
We would like to ask you to please reconsider the decision and stay with again when your travels bring you back to Worcester.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss this matter over the phone.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

This hotel is right up the street from the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. I arrived after having made my reservation via Internet. My suite was ready. I felt so comfortable in this suite. It was on a corner of the building. The bathroom area was a decent size; the bed was a king; the kitchenette was stocked with plenty of service items; the living area was large; there was a tiny table between the kitchen and living area for 2 people to eat; there was a large work area with desk and chair. Parking was close to entrances. Breakfast was excellent with many, many choices and it was included in the cost of the rental. Staff was friendly and quick. There was an indoor pool as a fitness center, as well.

Room tip: Corner suite!
Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank Coral G
Ricardo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review! We appreciate your comments and hopefully we can serve you in the future again.