“OVER PRICED and disappointing.”
Review of Oak Barrel Tavern

Oak Barrel Tavern
Ranked #49 of 633 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I have been to the Oak Barrel several times and have found the food not very palatable and over priced. Yesterday I ordered the steak tip salad with feta and spinach to go. It was a skimpy, unattractive mess of spinach, red onion and many pickled pepper rings. Three small steak tips accompanied the mix.
This will be my last trip as it is very expensive, $16.99, for a salad and was poorly made. There are MANY more satisfying, reasonably price restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We visited here for the first time with our family and will never go back. We literally waited over an hour for our food, even though we ordered pretty simple items. People that came in after us got served before us, and even finished their meals before we even got ours. Our waitress was friendly enough, and we knew it wasn’t her fault that it took so long, but maybe they should have given us a discount or something free for taking so long. The food was okay, but not worth the wait at all. We ordered chicken wings, a grain bowl, potato nachos, a burger, and buttered noodles... nothing fancy, and nothing that should have taken an hour to make. This place might be okay if you’re the only one in the restaurant, but they clearly can’t handle multiple orders at the same time, so if you give it a try, make sure you plan to be there for several hours.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

As a first time visitor to Worester I was surprised this wonderful pub was located where it was. Happily it was a short walk from our hotel but past mostly industrial businesses that close up around 5. Walking into this lovely bright clean restaurant you feel very welcome. As many have said here, it is quite noisy due to hard wood floors, tiled walls and no curtains to dampen the voices. There are four over stuffed chairs set around a walled-in fireplace but inviting non the less. There is a very generous beer menu as well as interesting cocktails and whiskeys.
My husband ordered the chicken parmesan dinner which can be very dry. The exact opposite was the case. He really enjoyed it because it was so moist. I had the Buffalo Chicken wings and they were some of the best I've ever had. What a surprise. The prices were very reasonable and I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The clam chowder was extremely salty. My boyfriend thought it tasted like it came from a can. It listed as a shareable, but the portion isn't that big. The turkey burger was ok. A little dry and a little skimpy on the avocado. The roast beef melt was good as are the tater tots although they are also over salted. The service could use improvement. Our waiter did not check on us while eating our soup or our meal. Also did not offer to refill my bf's soda. We went when it opened at 11:30 and it was not busy.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Passing thru and had lunch with old friends. This is a new place in Sudbury. Very good menu. Had clam chowder and a salad. Friends had large meals and all of us were pleased. Will eat here again when in Sudbury.