“Date Night”

Grille 57
Ranked #390 of 633 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We went to the Grille with a Gift Card to try. Got there a bit later 730 ish. Not crowded.
Looks more like a bar then a restaurant. Waitress was nice and friendly. Ordered drinks and looked at the menu. Has a variety of items from seafood, italian, steaks, etc.
I ordered the baked haddock with potato and veggies and a side salad. My husband got the sirloin sizzler steak, medium well. Fresh warm bread came then salad which we had shared. Big portion on the fish, mashed potato with seasoning and summer medley of veggies. Steak came on a plank which was still sizzling. I tried a piece and it was it bit chewy for me. I think he should of ordered medium and while it was on the plank it would of cook to medium well. So I think it was more well done. Overall would try something else there again.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

There is an odd smell you notice as soon as you walk in. My son had a gyro which he said was good but I had chicken a la 57. It was awful. The sauce was terrible. Vegetables and rice were good though. And very friendly server.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Just returned to this restaurant after a several month hiatus. They have a new chef and I was very impressed with the menu and even more impressed with my dinner. I had a dish made with beef, chicken and Italian sausage in a rich sauce with tomatoes and onions. The name of this dish was in Italian and I should have written it down. Really one of the best Italian entrees I have ever had anywhere! I will return soon, but it sure will be difficult to try one of the other mouth-watering dishes on the menu because I will want to get this again! Service was great. This chef is a winner.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Have read many reviews but I have a groupon and thought I would try it. I have to say up front we did NOT eat and here is why.... although they were open, sign on and door open, I was told the chef was not there! This is supposed to be an eating establishment and the chef is not there? what a crock.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

We saw this place on Restaurant.com while traveling through Worcester. The menu on Restaurant.com is not accurate. They do not have Filet Mignon on the menu. Most of the specials of the day were italian dinners. I ordered the rib eye steak ($22.95), which was average. It was topped with spinach and cheese. I asked that it be light on the cheese. Too me, it was not light. The steak was a nice size, but not extremely large, and cooked medium rare as requested. It was served with roasted potatoes and arugula. Overall, it was okay. I asked for BBQ to spice it up some.

My friend first ordered a bowl of clam chowder ($5), which was plentiful, but average tasting. I did not see any large chunks of potato or claim. Though there seemed to be plenty of small clam pieces in it. It was nothing special. His main meal (I dont know the name) consisted of one good size piece of breaded chicken and one good size piece of veal dish top with chopped tomatoes and arugula. It was also served with roasted potatoes. He enjoyed and took about half of it home, but rated his meal three stars nonetheless.

The place is old and dark. It appears to be more of a bar than a restaurant. The Saturday we were there we arrived about 8:00pm and there were few people dining and fews at the bar. The waitress was very pleasant.