“Pure Perfection!”

The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Pebble this past weekend for a short little romantic getaway. We absolutely loved it! Stefanie and Hogan are so accommodating and full of helpful information. The Inn itself is clean ( and I'm real picky) and decorated beautifully. The breakfasts were delicious and unique. I am a chef and it's not easy to please me. Everything we were served was presented beautifully. It was also a joy not to have to choose breakfast. Being a chef, I always recommend the special of the day when I go to a restaurant and that's just what Stefanie serves. The location is in a nice little neighborhood yet within walking distance of shops and restaurants. We have already booked our next stay. Thank you Stefanie and Hogan for everything. See you soon!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryg343
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

What an amazing review! Thank-you so much for taking the time to write it! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to see you both again.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

While I normally don't write reviews, I felt compelled to after our stay at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn this weekend. My career requires quite a bit of travel, which makes me even pickier when it comes to an overnight stay. My husband found this Inn online and we thought we'd give it a try and we are glad we did!

We arrived late afternoon and Stefanie and Hogan immediately welcomed us with a smile. We were offered a drink and chatted about all of the interesting things we could do at on the Cape even with poor weather. We knew the weather forecast was cool with rain but Stefanie was encouraging; she asked what we were interested in doing and proactively typed up a customized itinerary for us to reference during our stay. We followed her lead and everything she suggested was perfect!

At the Inn, the common area was welcoming and the room was newly remodeled and clean. The breakfast that was included with our stay was delicious and brought to our room at an agreed-upon time. They knew of my food allergy and carefully altered every breakfast of mine, which was much appreciated!

Overall, Stefanie and Hogan were very accommodating, and run a beautiful and welcoming Inn. When in the Cape, my husband and I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Book the suite if your budget allows; it's more private.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChicagoLora
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank-you so much for the amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We so enjoyed having you and look forward to hopefully seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

A stay at the Platinum Pebble is PURE HEAVEN! Stefanie and Hogan greet you as they would family entering their home. Their knowledge of the area is your best guidebook for daily activities that will delight your senses - Sesuit Harbor, local ponds and beach escapes, peddling down back roads and trails, incredible restaurant reviews, and great shopping ideas! They go above and beyond in making sure you are making wonderful memories! The room was a delight - a shower to die for, the soaking tub, luxurious linens, the warmth of a fireplace and incredible staff to ensure that your every need is met. Without a doubt one of the highlights is the daily breakfast - each more scrumptious than the next - a mixture of sweet and savory and healthy ingredients to start the day with panache. This is our third time returning and it is definitely like coming home. A special thanks to Tara and Kaylea!

Room Tip: The room looking onto the pool is very special!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vduff2015

Thank-you SO much for taking the time to write such an amazing review. We enjoyed having you both and cannot wait to host you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

We stayed at this gorgeous hotel in early September 2016. It was at the start of our 16 day trip, round New England and was great start. We were in the smallest room of the Hotel and I have to say, it was stunning, so i'm sure the other rooms would be even better!! It has a lovely homely feel to it, real Boutique Hotel and not faceless like some can be. The Hosts, Hogan and Stefanie are fab, they really go out of their way to ensure your stay with them, is memorable. Hogan even organised our ferry to Marthas Vinyard for us which saved us a lot of time the day we were going over, and they gave us a lovely pack up breakfast, to take, as we were catching the early ferry! If we were returning to Cape Code we would definitely stay at this Hotel again. The pool was the nicest of all 8 Hotels we stayed in, and Hogan is up each morning tending to it. Whole place is immaculate, great attention to detail. Go to Marthas Vinyard if you get the chance, its really easy to go over and also to get around.

Room Tip: We had the smallest room and it was lovely, so would imagine they are all as gorgeous
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elmmies
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Wow! Thank-you so much for the great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

When searching for a luxury stay in Cape Cod for a few days away, I turned to Mr and Positives:

Nice shower products, nicely designed bathrooms.
Average wifi
Great restaurant recommendations

Negatives:

Insincere hosts
Rooms not vacuumed during the stay
Pool out of service one out of two days we were there
Have to pick your tasteless choice of coffee/tea or cranberry/orange 'juice' days in advance with no option to change
Have to pick your 15 min slot days in advance for breakfast
Not allowed to choose what you want to eat for breakfast

Overall - overpriced, disappointing, won't stay there again. Mrs Smith for my usual inspiration where I cam across this B&B. Having never failed me in the past I was confident I would be delighted.

How wrong I was. The location is a quiet street that feels like a slightly unusual suburban village.

The property - pretty looking building with nice rooms, great bathrooms, yet very odd character.

Firstly, the walls are incredibly thin and when I overpaid for a luxury room with a balcony, I didn't expect to be able to peer in to our neighbours room or bathroom. Meaning if we woke up early, we had to be silent so as not to wake them up.

Secondly, the facilities are slightly odd - no communal eating area, so breakfast is expected to be taken in your bedroom. Fortunately for us we had by chance booked a tiny balcony but our friends could either eat breakfast in their bed or by the pool downstairs.

In the weeks leading up to our stay we were bombarded with emails, asking all sorts of odd questions - what time do you want breakfast, do you want orange or cranberry juice, coffee or tea?

Now I have stayed in many B&Bs, many with half the price tag of $300 a night that I was paying here, and never have I been expected to choose weeks and then days before my stay my breakfast preferences. Could it get worse? Yes.

So we arrive in the evening; we had already decided the time for breakfast and our preference of juice and one tea and one coffee. We then met one of the owners who insists with us to both have the special delicious coffee. So we change to both having coffee.

Morning comes, the lady serving breakfast comes in to put a little strip of fabric that barely covers half of the outdoor table, and places down our cutlery. I ask how do we order breakfast and she tells me its already set and she will be bringing it up. Confused - we wait patiently and the breakfast is delivered.

Had I not been so horrified i'd have remembered to have taken a picture.
- Half a waffle each, with a teaspoon of blueberry juice,
- Tiny jug with half a thumb nail of syrup
- A tiny measure of orange juice that was nasty cheap rubbish with not a touch of real juice
- Terrible coffee
- Milk creamers (my partner went to ask for milk and though given a tiny measure, they were not happy)
- A spoon of tasteless sweet vanilla yoghurt with three slices of peach

It was shocking for $300 a night - I had no idea what we were paying for.

When I asked the male of the duo, so politely, apologising for the fact that I don't like savoury breakfast, he rudely shot me down and told me I had no other option. My partner horrified tried to reason with him but we were told no.

Only that afternoon when the lady of the property was around did she question me (whilst I am relaxing in the pool), as to my issue with breakfast. She then told me that tomorrow was savoury (which turned out to be a disgusting 'vegetable' egg salty 'quiche' - apparently, with no accompaniment), and on the next sweet day I could get extra yoghurt and fruit instead of the main deal - oh and maybe she could fashion me an English muffin (Which was cut badly and partially toasted).

Room Tip: Go for a suite with a balcony, otherwise you are eating breakfast in your bed.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank _ootintinoo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately, we received your first of several complaints before your arrival. Sadly, it seems your mind was made up before arriving at the Inn. We would like to clarify some facts however, as your review was quite off base.

We sent you a welcome letter prior to your arrival. Once you informed us that you would be arriving after hours, we did request your preferred breakfast time and order for hot beverages and juices (We serve 100% juice). At anytime during a Guest’s stay breakfast times and preferences can be changed.

We serve a hot, gourmet breakfast every morning with the choice of dining in your room, the gardens, the lounge, or poolside. There are several options for dining and all Guest’s have a choice. Our chef alternates between sweet and savory each day. We have received numerous compliments on the creativity, portion size, and above all, taste of these dishes (highlighted under the Foodies section on our website). Our Guest’s feedback ordinarily is overwhelmingly positive so, we are sorry that you had a less than perfect experience.

We take enormous pride in the cleanliness of our Inn. Rooms are vacuumed and thoroughly cleaned daily.

We market ourselves as a Boutique Inn and not a typical Bed and Breakfast. All the unique differences between an ordinary Bed and Breakfast and our Inn are laid out on our website. The majority of our Guests seem to truly appreciate the difference. We hope in the future you will find an Inn more suitable to fit your needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Harwich
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Harwich Port
10.5 km away
Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod

Been to The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn? Share your experiences!