All reviews ping pong basketball hoop sullivan square orange line free shuttle rock wall pool area td garden within a mile radius shuttle service breakfast buffet front desk staff rec area hotel shuttle dunkin donuts great pool close to downtown
Reviewed 10 August 2018

The best things about the hotel were the free parking and the indoor pool area which also had some games (basketball hoop, rock climbing wall, etc) and the shuttle around a couple of parts of town. The shuttle is subject to availability so book in advance. No free breakfast was a downside as were the beds which should be updated. Overall a good option for the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ihg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with your fellow Trip Advisor Travelers.

I am sorry that the beds in your room were not satisfactory to you and your family. Many guest would like queen beds instead of doubles in our two beded rooms. unfortunately the size of the room does not permit that change.

It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed our pool and sport deck area. It is very unique and helps get the kids tired when it comes time to go to bed.

Thank you again for sharing feedback.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I stayed here with the husband and 2 teenagers. The location was close to a T stop as we were in for a Red Sox game. Total trip to game was about 30 minutes (orange to green line). The area itself around the hotel doesn't lend itself to walking and enjoying Boston - slightly sketchy but ok. Not many other close restaurants to choose from but a quick cab/uber ride would fix that. Room and beds were clean and comfy. No one came to clean room or to replace the linen/towels. Not a deal breaker - I just rustled up some clean towels from the maid service. Pool and sports deck was nice - we had stayed here before and knew the kids liked it before.: basketball, fooze ball, bumper pool and ping pong and a climbing wall. Pool was clean and warm with a life guard. Service at dinner was AMAZING with Arlind. He wound up the only server for the bar, restaurant and room service as others had called out and he did a great job! Very personable and he obviously likes his job. The free breakfast was great - hot eggs/bacon/sausage, pancakes and cold cereal and fruit. Breakfast the first day was so-so service and slightly better the second day. Dinner by far was the best service. Front desk was helpful in using their shuttle service to Bunker Hill but not so flexible with their pickup hours so be sure to check before you venter out. All in all a good value. Easy to get to most attractions easily via the T - would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
drosts, Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I tried booking online when the server went down for maintenance. The website promptly showed me there was an error and directed me to call. I called this hotel to book a room and they informed me the hotel was full. I understand website maintenance can cause mixups and accidents happen, but this hotel charged me TWICE for a room I never stayed in! I called for a refund and had to ask to speak to the manager who refunded the absurd $220 fee, but the second $180 fee still went through on my credit card. The manager, I believe her name is Sarah, failed to refund the charges and I now have to deal with corporate when this issue could have easily been resolved. It wasn’t the hotel’s fault and it wasn’t mine, but the customer service absolutely failed to fix this issue. I do not recommend at all, as I had to talk on the phone for twenty minutes to have them promise to refund the charges, yet I’m still being charged. Horrible customer service, especially coming from a manager.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank keval18
ihg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Valerie,

I am very sorry that you did not receive the service you needed and should expect.

Sarah will reach out to you directly to resolve the issue once and for all.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights and was more than satisfied. The room was clean and the staff is friendly. The hotel is located near the Sullivan stop. Save yourself money and hop on the train, which
Will take you to the markets and downtown; I even took the train to Fenway Park to catch a Red Sox game.

Trip type: Travelled solo
ihg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share you stay experience with others.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our location made it convenient to get to a Sox game while in town.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Upon arrival I tried to check in after 2pm. I was advised to come back a&ter 3pm. When I returned after 5pm I was informed that my reservation rate of $209 had been increas3d to over $400 plus tax. When I complained the manager said that I had been mistakenly given a government rate and she could give me a discount for the first night although it was still more than my reservation and the remaining stay would increase to over $300. Later I informed that the Red Sox were in town and the Patriots were in town for training. This placed a hardship on my wife and I during our 50th anniversary vacation.

Room tip: Do not trust the reservation quote
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tommy B
ihg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Tommy,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience at our property.

The rate on your reservation should not change on you after it has been confirmed. Based on the information provided, I am not able to assist you. Please email additional details so I can investigate your concerns and make it right. My email is jharvey@distinctivehospitalitygroup.com.

I hope to have the opportunity to fix this issue for you and your wife.

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary!