“Staff Is Coarse and Offensive; Manager is Worse!”

Lambert's Farm Market
Ranked #27 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've been doing business with Lambert's in Cotuit (the photo here is of their Barnstable store, by the way) for years, but no more.

We bought and paid deposits on three bottles of soda. Because the soda brand is unusual, the deposits had to be redeemed at Lambert's and not at a recycling center; Lambert's took our cash, and we wanted to return the bottles and get our deposits back.

My husband tried to get his 15 whole cents back yesterday. The clerk refused, argued with him and called him an "a*s*s". My husband is an even-tempered 72 year old who makes it a point to be polite to everyone, especially retail workers.

My husband asked to speak to a manager. He told the manager that the clerk called him an "a*s*s" and the manager said "Maybe she's right."

This, over 15 cents? You've got to be kidding.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have gone back to Lamberts a number of times over the years since they opened. Their offerings of fresh produce, deli, meats, seasonal items, store attractiveness are all plusses and a good reason to give our business to Lambert's Farm Mkt.
As a customer over the years, I would expect some sort of pleasant exchange between the owners and the customers...this is not the case. I understand that its a busy place, but its busy because of the customers who shop there. There was a recent incident in which I purposely put a prepared food into a soup container. It is easier to eat that way and I was prepared to pay the difference in the tare weight in a different container. I was told that it could not be done, it MUST be weighed in THIS container...and then I could BUY the soup container to put it in. In the end, the item was thrown away because this person who appeared to be in charge could not find a pleasant way to resolve this simple issue. She was right, she wanted to be right....and this customer is done with Lamberts Farm Mkt in Sandwich Ma. The only difference between different markets that carry the same products is customer service and relationships. An opportunity was missed and from the somewhat snarky demeanor of the cashier and this managerial person, I doubt that I will be missed!

2  Thank myerscl
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This is a friendly local place with fresh quality foods. Everyone loves this place. The prices are a bit high, but you're getting what you pay for. I recommend this place to anyone passing by. Stop for breakfast, lunch, or grab something for dinner. There is something for everyone.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Lambert’s has the best fresh food. The hot entrees and soups are incredible. For sandwiches- get the Big Pilgrim toasted. Best sandwhich I’ve ever had!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I love their presentation and the produce always looks amazing! But I have to say being a local and calling multiple times to place sandwich orders, they still don't offer a gluten free bread? They say you can buy a loaf and they'll make you a sandwich? Really...why can't you use a frozen loaf and de thaw it? I've literally called like ten times hoping they offer gluten free bread and they still don't! Also the soups are never labeled gluten free and the staff always seems puzzled when you ask? Was told a broccoli and cheddar soup was gluten free this evening and it definitely wasn't. Just wish they would label more and educate their staff on a serious allergy for others, they might get more customers.

2  Thank Matt T