All reviews eagle house front window outdoor furniture short walk bearskin neck small beach directly across the street stayed recently ice machine highly recommend this hotel great shops and restaurants beds were comfortable view of the ocean location location location easy parking within walking distance microwave and fridge
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I wish someone had warned us that no children are allowed at all on the second floor of the building. I was scolded in front of a group of people for allowing my child (he is 18 months) for having my child with us while we attended my sisters wedding and he was the ring bearer. Please note this and make sure you let the owner know as he talked to me like a 5 year old about it after I left a toy on the balcony.
He made it clear he has safety concerns with the balcony and also noise. I appreciate when motels have a no kids policy but when you advertise roll away cribs... PLEASE MAKE THIS CLEAR because it really put a damper on the whole weekend experience for us! We would not return.

Hotel is otherwise clean and no frills. View is beautiful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
gary d, Owner at Eagle House Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that you felt scolded and I am especially sorry that the incident put a damper on your weekend. As a safety and noise precaution I have a very strict policy that only two people and no children are allowed in the three king rooms with the private balconys. I need to do a better job making this more clear at the time of reservation.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice stay here; the room was very comfortable and clean. A perfect stopover in the lovely village of Rockport. Our only issue was that in Room 1 the walls are quite thin and the floors rather creaky.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Quintessential quaint New England inn .... absolutely loved the décor, cleanliness and fantastic smell of the room. View of the ocean was wonderful and the make-yourself-at-home family feel can't be topped! Would love to return!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Excellent location across the street from the ocean, with a great ocean view and sandy beach access, and just a block or two away from the main shopping/dining district of Rockport. The rooms are not first-class, however - not bad, but ours just needs some work. There's some rust, some paint scrapes, so-so bathroom needs updating, etc. But it is clean and cozy, and parking is right outside the door (and free). There is no breakfast area that I have seen, but they do have coffee and wifi.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Rockport was a last minute weekend getaway and most places had zero vacancies (or required a 2 night minimum).......Eagle House Beachside had one room left for the one night we needed. It is an older building and overall could use some updating BUT it was clean and comfortable and perfect for our needs. Booking online was easy, checking in was easy, and the staff we came in contact with were all friendly and helpful. We were given a recommendation for dinner and it was awesome! This motel is just off the downtown area and an easy walk to all the shops and restaurants. Bonus, there is a small beach (Front Beach) right across the street! The sand was soft and there were lots of cool little rocks and sea glass to pick up. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2017
gary d, Owner at Eagle House Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for this great review.
Our staff takes pride in keeping our rooms clean and attending to our guest's needs the best they can.
We have done some updating in our rooms this past year, and look forward to updating more this Fall and Spring.
We would love to have you stay with us again in the future if you are in our area.