“Won’t be returning”
Review of Ricardos Italiano

Ricardos Italiano
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Pialba
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately the food was extremely disappointing. Flavours did not blend at all, felt like the meal was slapped together with no consideration for ultimate combination. Young waitresses were pleasant and friendly (and I must stress this review is no reflection on them), however did not appear to have any direction from supervisors to attempt to offer any alternative rectification. Our evening at Ricardo’s was meant to be a celebration, however turned out to be well below expectation and an utter disappointment. Based on this experience would not recommend and unlikely to return

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed visiting this new tastefully decorated venue. The wall murals, the mood lighting, the flooring and music all added to the ambient decor. It would have been nice if the staff anticipated the diners needs rather than having to be asked. Unfortunately the pasta wasn’t al dente but on the mushy side! The scallops were delicious and I’m sure many will enjoy another choice of dining experience at Torquay. So so!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Val P
Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

It seems this reasturant is happy to double book their tables and then work on a first come, first serve basis.

After booking a time with them I arrived only to be told that I would have to waite for an available table, which in the waitresses own words could be some time as they had taken a lot of bookings that day.

I pointed out that I had booked the day before, but again I was told that due to the bookings they had taken today, I could not have a table at the designated time and they had no idea when I could eat.

Ricardo's unique approach to the reservation process only works if the reasurant does not get to many dinners, if they do they don't have enough tables for the bookings they have taken.

Good for the reasurant but not for the hungry dinners.

In an effort to appease four local and regular clients the manager offered to push a couple of tables together, the only problem was it would have meant dinning at the entrance to the toilets.

Im sure when the holliday makers return home Ricardo's will have plenty of vacant tables but I know four locals who won't be filling them.

Part of any dinning expierance is obviously the food, in this case you will have to rely on the average ratings given by those that actually made it to the tables.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 6 April 2020 via mobile

Our Italian restaurant of choice in the bay. Good food and location. Also do takeaway and delivery. Been here numerous time’s and have never been disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2020
Reviewed 28 December 2019

I had previously been to Ricardos 2 years ago and was looking forward to a return visit with my family. Our night didn’t start off well when a staff member didn’t bother to show us to our table, we were told to go out the doors and find our table by ourselves. When we got to our table there was no lighting nearby so we had to use our torch app on our phones to read the menu. One of the chairs at our table was broken and we had to wait for people to leave from another table to swap it over. One of us tried to order the Camembert dishes but was told there was none left. We ordered only main meals and were told they would take approximately 30 minutes. We became very concerned when other patrons started to get up and go to the kitchen area to ask about their food. About 10 minutes after ordering a lady from another table told us she had been waiting 2 hours for meals and that she was walking out she was so angry. We received the two pizzas 45 minutes after ordering but cutlery wasn’t provided so we had to get up and ask about that to get some. Other tables were getting upset by this point and people were getting up and going to the kitchen area multiple times. Meals started slowly trickling out and the two gnocchi dishes and the fettuccine mushroom dishes we ordered were ordered were awful. The tomato based gnocchi dish had a strange burnt taste to it and they took it back and offered a new dish. My sister switched to the other creamy gnocchi dish but requested that they leave out the pumpkin. The replacement dish arrived with pumpkin and was drowning in tasteless cream. The mushroom fettuccine dish was actually served with papperdale pasta not fettuccine. There was only one mushroom cut up in huge chunks throughout a sea of thickened cream which I suspect had been poured straight out of the container from Woolworths. The dish was lukewarm and the mushrooms weren’t cooked properly and the dish was sent back. No response was received from the kitchen for a good 15 minutes until I enquired about it. The waitress admitted it had been forgotten and that they would have it out shortly. Sadly the replacement dish was still too awful to eat and it was after 9pm and we decided we’d had enough. The two pizzas were ok but the entire meal was a huge disappointment, apparently their chef was on holidays but that is not an acceptable excuse. If you cannot maintain consistency and quality of meals and manage basic customer service to your small number of tables (13) then just stay closed while your chef is away. The waitresses were very apologetic and they did waive our bill which we appreciated but we won’t be returning or recommending Ricardos to anyone.

Date of visit: December 2019