“My Favorite Bar Pizza In The World”
Review of Lynwood Cafe

Lynwood Cafe
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Randolph
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I absolutely love The Lynwood's pizza. It is in a league of its own; but beware, because once you have eaten a Lynwood pizza you will never truly enjoy a slice of pizza from anywhere else.

1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best pizza around. Worth a road trip as well. You may have to wait a bit if you don’t call ahead. Worth the wait.

1  Thank Fenway38
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Took my niece out for lunch and we were craving pizza. I have not been in more than 30 years. Stepped in the door to find it had not changed one bit - and that was exactly what I was hoping for.
This is a no frills place. Don't expect fast or great service. This is pizza - old school. Tons of locals and expect to wait for a table or at least an hour for a take-out pie. It is like stepping in a time machine when you walk in the door. Places like this have disappeared all over the U.S. Appreciate what it is - good pizza, low maintenance, and a classic joint. Cash only but they have an ATM

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stopped here on my way back from Boston as a friend of mine recommended. This was excellent pizza. Each pizza is an individual size, but you get plenty to eat! My daughter and her friend loved it as well. The sauce is amazing and you can tell the oven they use is seasoned. It has the lacy edge. Fabulous! Very busy place and small restaurant area. We called ahead and did the take out. Pizza took an hour from the time we called. Plan ahead if you are ordering.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I'm truly sorry because based upon all of the stellar reviews, I really wanted to love this place but I do not understand what the hype is about this pizza.......it's just ok! It's nothing spectacular or life changing as the reviews would lead you to believe! Here's what I do believe - the atmosphere is authentically retro cool - it's not trying to be that, it just is. I don't think anything here has changed, ambiance wise, for decades, and that's a good thing - it has a hyper-local feel, very much just for the people in the neighborhood - there's even a juke box with plenty of older classic tunes to choose from, love that. I love the bar, the booths, the tables, the whole feel of the place sends me back in time and I like that.
The staff, that we experienced, are all very nice and well meaning. But things here really need to change - keep the authentic retro cool, but let's get some real napkins - the pizza is ridiculously greasy, so at least give the customers actual napkins, not those miniature super thin pieces of tissue paper masquerading as napkins that you have to use at least a dozen of per use......and the plates?? Hello?? They are dessert sized paper plates, thin, useless.
The service is very slow........and not altogether helpful. We arrived, seated, then asked if we were ready to order. We were never given a menu! Again, possibly a local thing? The locals just know what the pizzas on offer are, so we were just supposed to know? But jeepers, we are not locals, and we had no idea what was on offer, so, may we have a menu please? Seriously?? Our server did not recommend how many pizzas to order - there were 4 adults - we only ordered 2 pizzas, we should have ordered 3. Our server did not suggest or recommend or help us with our order in any way. And, the kicker, we waited over an hour for our two pizzas, yes, over an hour. I don't know exactly what goes on in the kitchen, but they need more ovens. Speaking of which, these are not Napoli style pizzas, no Neapolitan thin super crispy crust. Pizza is a very personal thing - people love this style, or that style, deep dish, thin, stuffed - so it's hard to critique - but what I can say is that the crust here reminded me very very much of the boxed Chef Boyardee pizza mix - so it's the opposite of a crunchy thin crust and nothing like a chewy textured crust - it was simply just ok. Toppings are basic, except for the bean topping, that was unique.
Another problem is the traffic flow.......take out pick up is at the bar, so people are clogging the aisle where servers have to move, where drinks are being served, it's definitely chaotic.
Pizza is the only, THE ONLY, thing on the menu. NOTHING ELSE. And, that would be fine if it was stellar, but it falls very short of that. If you're only serving one thing, then it better be the best ever, and it's just not, nope, not.