See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We booked this hotel via laterooms. They were not meant to take any payment from us as it was a flexible booking that should have been paid on arrival. Our stay was booked for 4th October, however the hotel took the money from us on 11th September! I thought nothing of it as I wasn't really bothered when they payment was taken as long as the booking was made. We turned up at midnight to check in, to find the hotel looked like a building site. There were no cars in the car park and a sign to say under new management! There was a light on in the reception so we went and knocked but it was locked, and there was no one there. A sign inside told us that the hotel was shut - just in case we hadn't figured this out by now!! Fine way to run a business...

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2015

I reviewed this abysmal hotel when I booked a staff outing for April - On receiving my company credit card statement today, I find the whole cost (£254) which was initially paid as £150 deposit and £104 balance, has been processed again on 16th September.
BEWARE - if you're brave enough to venture into this hell-hole, pay cash only!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank troggfan2014
Reviewed 29 September 2015

was offered 3 rooms none of them habitable, hair in un maid beds,, cardboard stopping the toilet from moving water on the floor, mould on the walls not cleaned for weeks
went back to reception and asked for a refund he said I couldn't have one because my card had already been charged the outside of the building was being demolished the receptionist was awful so rude said he didn't care because the hotel was closing on the 1st October have complained to laterooms who basically said I should have read the reviews so not only have I not got my money back I had to pay for another hotel.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2015

Photos on web site FAKE
Receptionist waste of space
Refused first room - 12 - no toilet paper, because you would NOT put your are near the toilet!!! Bath not usable. Photos do not do credit to the abysmal state of these premises - all rooms alike
Refused second room 23 - no cleaners in either for months - literally!!
Looked in to rooms where doors swinging open - corridor of 23 - all the same - disgusting
Took lots of photos - ask if you are interested
Reporting to trading standards re advertising
Reporting to H&S, wife fell down a tall step, no lighting, sign behind an open door
Reporting to EHO - infestation apparent
Copying this to local press - this is how visitors to area welcomed???
Refused refund - searching to owner details and will be suing

This place should be CLOSED DOWN
Any good reviews are part of the con. Don't write off the bill - sue for it.

Room Tip: DONT stay here - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - happy to share all photos
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We turned up after a long drive and the first thing we saw was the building site, we actually thought the place was closed down. We entered the building and was asked for card payment, I asked to see the room first. Horrified isn't a bit enough word for what we felt. The room was absolutely filthy. The carpet completely stained, the bed dirty, filthy headboard. The bathroom was so dirty it was unbelievable. Hence to say, we immediately told reception that we would not be stopping, they offered us another room, we declined. 40 miles travelled for nothing, This place should be condemned.!!!

Room Tip: best tip. Don't stay there!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family