“BEST wedding cake!”
Review of Sweet Spot Bakery

Sweet Spot Bakery
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Melrose
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Shannon at Sweet Spot bakery made us an absolutely amazing wedding cake for our wedding at Cruiseport Gloucester. From our tasting to seeing the final product, she was so professional, flexible, and always happy to help. She was extremely responsive to our emails and questions which we did not see with other bakers we reached out to. We were pretty indecisive because all of her flavors were AMAZING and she helped us narrow it down to four different flavors (one per each tier of our cake!) and everyone at our wedding made comments about how good the cake was. We were able to take some of the extra cake home and ended up going back to her 3 weeks later to order a birthday cake for our family because we just couldn’t get enough! I would highly recommend Sweet Spot Bakery for any celebration!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This bakery is now under new management, and they have some terrific choices. We love their quiche along with the bakery items. I love getting an assortment of some of the smaller pieces to please everyone's taste. The staff is also terrific.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The BEST cupcakes! Cakes to special Oder or pickup in the spur of the moment. They are very accommodating. Our favorite is the vanilla cake with chocolate ganache frosting with fresh strawberries. But you can't go wrong with anything there. Gluten-free options include macaroons but not a whole lot of choices for GF. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We have been ordering all of our cakes from Sweet Spot for years....they are absolutely fantastic and everyone always raves about the cakes (buttercream frosting, yum). The bakery is recently under new management and I was afraid that it wouldn't be the same. The cakes we used to get are still offered and last month we decided to try the new lemon cake (along with an old favorite) for my Mom's birthday. It was to die for.....we cannot wait for a reason to order it again :-) Chicken pot pies are delicious too. We have never been disappointed and we are so glad that new management is doing so well.

1  Thank Suzan L
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I stop by this bakery today with my 5 years old daughter to get her some treats and my daughter walked out crying because I didn't get her the treat reason being because the lady that was at the register was on the phone take an order or at least pretend in taking an order that we waited for over 10 minutes with no other customers in the store and she no once acknowledged us and said I will be right over with you she just kept talking on the phone while ignoring us even though we were right in front on her with some cookies to buy. I decided to leave the cookies behind and walk out while my daughter was hysterically crying and the lady didn't even have the decency to say I'm sorry or excuse me. I think she was a racist and discriminated us for being a minority. I will never go back and will tell all my friends and family so they don't go either. Horrible experience my little has no idea was what happening all she wanted was a cookie.

Been to Sweet Spot Bakery? Share your experiences!