“Simple but tasty”

On a Roll Cafe and Catering Co.
Ranked #22 of 64 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: An eclectic breakfast and lunch cafe located in the heart of the Berkshires, On a Roll Cafe has been serving fresh and exciting menu items for over 13 years. Chef and Owner David Barile has been cooking since he was in High School, and puts his passion into every dish that leaves the kitchen. We offer a variety of Breakfast and Lunch items that meet the needs of many dietary restrictions. On Roll Cafe was opened first in Pittsfield before moving to our new location.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Been to this spot a few times. It’s a real simple menu, fits on a door hanger sized piece of paper. But the selections are pretty unique, like lemon ricotta pancakes or sweet potato hash. Everyone has enjoyed their meals immensely every time I’ve ever gone. The food service from the kitchen is a tad slow, but the waiter is always at the ready with water, coffee or a quick chat. Definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve stoped here on our way home from our annual golf trip three years in a row. The staff is super friendly. The restaurant is clean. The food is simple but delicious. I’ve had the breakfast burrito, the homemade hash and the sweet potato hash (yum). I’m not much of a pancake person but the ricotta lemon pancakes are next on my list. We will continue to finish our trips here.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Took my boys out for breakfast. Seated quickly on the deck. Very attentive staff until food was served, then we never saw them again. Had to flag down someone for ketchup, water refills, a to go box. The food was fresh and high quality (real maple syrup for pancakes). I’d go again as long as I’m not in a hurry.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

To sustain us on a long drive to our next holiday destination, we popped in for breakfast. Our server, Danny, was warm and welcoming, making helpful suggestions and looking after us so well despite the busy Saturday morning crowd. Our breakfast came hot and tasty, our lemon and ricotta pancakes with yummy raspberry jam were gorgeous, and my poached eggs were perfect. Sadly we are back in the UK now and unlikely to be in Lenox again, but we sure would recommend On a Roll for a top class American breakfast!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

This is a gem in the Berkshires. My husband loved the Eggs Benedict with house-made chicken apple sausage. I thoroughly enjoyed my Mexican omelet in a burrito. The hash browns were yummy, too. Highly recommend!