All reviews mile marker indoor pool wicked tuna watch the boats chowder boats coming and going beds were comfortable great taste great lunch haddock lobster roll love this place shared balcony a great place to stay great view checking out new england
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Before we came to the hotel, we received an email about the bands that were playing at the mile marker all weekend. I thought this was nice. Upon entry a gentleman greeted us and pointed us right to parking... He was very nice (George or Steve was his name). We got to the hotel and checked in, we had room 101. The room it self was "clean" but the bathroom was a different story, there was hair on the bathroom floor and the floor heater in the bathroom was broken off and there was a hole in the ceiling. BUT there was a small refridge and microwave and the main room was clean and included a hairdryer and iron. Also had a couch with the king bed and a backdoor with a view of the harbor. The room however was located on the first floor right next to the mile marker bar. When we first checked in I could not hear the noise but that was around 2 pm. We the "party" got started it was bad. The noise level was so bad you could not sleep or even hear the TV so it was not worth staying in the room, it was so awful. BUT, we were their for a wedding and the wedding offered an after party which went until 1 am (I just ended up going to that vs staying in my room) so by the time we got back to our room the bar too was shut too. So there was no noise. There was a 2 night min at the hotel. So the next night, we just opted to pay the 2nd night of the two night min and check out. All the people who work at the hotel are EXTREMELY nice and the room itself has a comfortable bed. So, if we need a place to stay on the water and go to bed after 1 am you are fine. If you have kids I would not recommend this hotel as the friday night before we checked in on Sat, another friend said she was on the 3rd floor and had the kids in her room but no one could sleep from the noise

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank beachtraveler2015
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

This was our fourth visit here, and once again it was an overall great stay. The personality of the property is changing somewhat, as the Mile Marker 1 bar and restaurant have clearly become quite the local and tourism scene in large part due to this location being the home of the Wicked Tuna tv show. Live entertainment and quality food and beverage abound. Early in our stay we had an issue with our room which was resolved promptly and courteously by the manager, which we appreciated. We certainly can recommend this to families and friends and are hoping to get back next year!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank sc2sc
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I brought my son here for a short visit while on the way to Maine. The docks are filled with friendly fisherman & fisherwomen. The staff in the hotel are great. Our room was clean , comfortable and great views from our deck. We enjoyed everything about Cape Anns Marina. Great location to explore Gloucester. We enjoyed the pool and Mile Marker One Restaurant. Food is excellent and reasonable. We will come back again. A true Marina, and would not change a thing. ( Note: I almost cancelled because of some of the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor and I am very glad I choose to try it for myself.

Room Tip: Second floor end room, Comfortable,Quiet and great view.
1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights. There were 4 of us - myself, husband and two older daughters. The room was large with 2 comfortable double beds. The location was great an easy 10 minute walk to the sea with a lovely view of river and and the boats. Whilst we were staying there were 2 weddings. There were tea and coffee making facilities and the pool and jacuzzi were a great addition to the hotel and we made good use of it.
We went to the restaurant on our first night and the food was lovely - I had the homemade lobster ravioli and my daughter had fried shrimp. It was lovely with a bottle of prosecco.

We did the harbour walk on our first day and then went out to Latitude for dinner on the recommendation of Steve from the Marina - excellent food as well.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room upstairs as the people above us were rather noisy
Reviewed 24 August 2015

You would have to be out of your mind to stay in this dump! This is 4 star pricing for 2 star rooms...with any luck...it will fall into the canal.The staff was excellent, the hotel is a rat trap! Do yourself a big favor, stay over on Gloucester's beautiful Back Shore....

2  Thank Jack H