All reviews continental breakfast yogurt great view rooms are clean our home away from home heated pool very nice place to stay the breakfast area beautiful pool downtown gloucester large room view of the ocean brownie close to town new england minute drive cape ann area
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Enjoyed our one night stay at the Vista. Hotel seemed dated but quaint. Room was large and clean. Had some road construction going on so it made the access a little tough, but certainly not the hotel's fault. View from the room was great. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Laura D, Owner at The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for reviewing, I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. Sorry about the road work but we did get a new sidewalk to the beach which is great! I hope you might be able to return and check it out.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great views, large CLEAN room. Love the vintage feel of the bathroom. If we were to ever go back to the area, we would DEFINITELY stay there again! Staff was friendly. We would not have enjoyed our trip if we had stayed at a chain hotel. This place offers charm and relaxation.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Laura D, Owner at The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

You really get us! Thanks so much for your review, I hope you can come back and visit again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We just flew in from the UK so were feeling pretty tired. We'd booked in advance so that we had a place for one night before our drive to Vermont.
We found The Vista to be of excellent standard in comfort and cleanliness. Friendly staff welcomed us. In the morning we were pleasantly surprised by the delicious breakfast selection and the coffee....good coffee is important to us ! All in all a 5* stay!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Laura D, Owner at The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at The Vista and you're so right, good coffee is very important to me, too! Hope we might see you again.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Have been planning to stay here for over a year. Finally made it and we are so happy to have done so. Arrived at midnight but a key was waiting for us. The room is big with 2 queen beds. A mini-kitchen also. The bath room is standard sized. Room is dated with wood paneling and older furniture. Think 70’s-80’s. Don’t let that sway you. This place is charming and extremely well maintained and clean. The view is great from your patio. Continental breakfast is ample. No eggs or meat. Bagels, breads, yogurts, juices, coffee, fruit, cereals etc. Go, you’ll be glad you did. This Kentuckian loved it!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Laura D, Manager at The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you, I'm so happy you finally made it to The Vista! Your review is spot on, thanks so much. Hope you'll visit again, Kentucky isn't all that far away!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I first came to Gloucester to go whale watching which was amazing. It was the peak of the season and hard to find a place to stay. We passed by and saw the vacancy sign. Little did we know by staying here it would make it our favorite place to go and stay each and every year since. It’s been 15 years and never get tired of it. What a beautiful clean place. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. All the rooms are extremely well kept. The continental breakfast room is adorable n so clean. The food is just perfect, coffee is always fresh hot. The pool is great. And being across the street from my favorite beach of all, I couldn’t ask for more. I could not say enough about the Vista! Thank you to Laura and her wonderful staff for making our stay with you for the past 15 years always the best! Can’t wait to see you next year. Donna & Ken

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Laura D, Owner at The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you Donna and Ken, it truly warms my heart to hear from long-time, regular guests. You have my word that we will always strive to keep earning that loyalty. I look forward to your 16th year visit!