All reviewsfull kitchenloft bedroomfront deskliving areafree breakfastmarriott chainflat screenmarriott pointsduraflame logrenovated roomworking fireplacebasketball courtminute driveoutdoor poolking bedhot breakfastrental car
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I am so happy we finally stayed at this hotel! The staff is excellent; extremely friendly and helpful from the reservation desk to housekeeping. The suites are incredible. We stayed in the two bedroom king with fireplace and I HIGHLY recommend you book this room. It was like having our own upscale apartment complete with kitchen, dishes, fridge, microwave, toaster, etc. Plus, we had two bathrooms which really was convenient. The hotel has nightly mixers that are free which include free food and drinks. There is always free coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby area.

Did I mention the free breakfast buffet? They serve hot food (eggs, sausage, etc) along with muffins, toast, cinnamon buns, fruit, yogurt, etc. There is an attendant to help you if you need something, and you can take all you want to your room! We LOVED this feature which normally runs us $20 or more at a hotel.

We also took advantage of the guest laundry room. It was nice to be able to wash dirty clothes and have them available. I think this is very helpful for travelers on road trips!

There is a TGIFridays right next door if you want a quick dinner option and a Chili's across the street/Outback within a few miles. Lots of choices for dining!

Download the Marriott app and reserve any special requests before arriving like extra towels, blankets. They will take care of it!

I would recommend this hotel over some of the higher end properties in Boston. It really is a nice place to stay with so many free amenities and a great staff. Do not hesitate to stay here! 10/10

Room Tip: Reserve a penthouse suite for the BEST room!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you so much for the time to write this outstanding review. Our newly renovated hotel does have so many great features and such a great location. Our team does pride itself on giving wonderful service. Our goal is for all of our guests to have a perfect experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Recently renovated and better than ever. The staff goes above and beyond to make this Residence Inn feel like home. This hotel should be the mold used for hospitality. I have been coming here for years and each time it gets better and better.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Danvers. We appreciate your feedback and I have shared it with the team. We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend a college graduation nearby. There were three of us, my wife and I and son of 14. We had a King bed and fold out sofa. Upon checking in, I was informed they had just completed renovations and we were the first to be in the room since completion, this sounded great. I was also informed there were sheets and blankets in the closet for the fold out bed since he knew there were three of us. We were on the second floor, entered the room and it was clean and looked updated at first glance. A full kitchen, which would be nice if were were stay longer, was well equipped and ready to go. The toilet and shower/tub, were in a separate doored off location from the vanity/sink, which is common in many hotels these days, but it was a very tight space even for folks, such as us, of a regular build. They could have sacrifices a few square feet form the kitchen space to allow more room in the tub/toilet space. As I stated, they knew we had three people in the room, but there were only 2 sets of towels. I retrieved additional sets easy from the front desk. Oh, the sheets that were supposed to be there for the fold out, were not, but were delivered and there upon our return to the room after a night out. Now, on our second morning, it became clear the shower are was not part of the renovation. At the end of the last shower, the shower handle became nonfunctional, leaving the tub to fill with scalding hot water as it got stuck in that position. They had a maintenance person come right away, to discover it had become rusted and broke off. Through all this, all of the front desk folks, and the maintenance person, as well as those at the breakfast area, were extremely friendly, helpful and energetic. They did comp 1/2 night as well due to the shower incident. I probably would not stay here again, mostly since I would have no need to, but given the service provided to address some of the minor issues, I would recommend to those that need an economical, clean and relatively quite place in this area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Danvers. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your information with the team.
Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

From the parking lot you can see cars and trucks whizzing by on Rt95 and on Rt1. That doesn’t matter. What does matter is you have the pleasure of hearing all that highway noise all the time - even in the wee hours of the night. We we’re going to stay several nights but left after one. Just too noisy to sleep even for a deep sleeper.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Our goal is for our guests to have a perfect experience. I am sorry that was not your experience due to the highway noise. We are easy accessible due to the two major highways. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We used a Marriott free night visiting Salem area sights. The newly renovated room looked great. We were up on a second floor, in room 724.

This is the first Residence Inn we have stayed at that has been upgraded/renovated and it felt and looked great. We got a good nights sleep, even though we were close to the highway, you could not hear any traffic. I wish we could have used the kitchen, but we had other plans.

Public lounge area at the front desk looks sharp. The pool area really has not been open yet, but you could use the lounge chairs.

The handsome chap at the front desk was chipper and professional.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple