See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We typically stay in Motels when we travel, we like to be able to access outside to smoke etc. This place was fine, they do not make up the rooms and you have to ask for towels or tp if you need it. My only issue was there were no chairs to sit outside your room. There was a picnic table across the lot if you wanted it......There is also a club you can walk to if you like. Overall it was decent place to stay if you're not looking for fancy.

Room Tip: Bring your own chair if you want to sit outside your room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018

The gentleman who was on the desk in the morning was wonderful and personable.

The rooms had fridges and microwaves. The room was semi-clean, but had peeling paint and carpet in need of replacement. That being said, we were given a sheet of paper upon check in stating that quiet hours started at 10pm. The drunks at the party next door apparently didn’t get the message as they were being obnoxious until the wee hours of the morning. I never heard anyone from the office come out. Next time we’ll sleep in the car.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey822
Reviewed 20 September 2018

The Knights Inn is a no frills motel. Consumers stop expecting 5 star when only willing to pay for a 2 to 3 star property! Do your homework. The north shore is one of the most expensive areas in the state. What you may pay somewhere else is NOT equivalent to the Boston area. Plan on at least $300.00 + per night for mid grade hotels. If you want the bells and whistles plan to spend more. On that note the property is basic. It is clean but far from new. It may seem dated to some but it is very "New England" and has a traditional style not unlike when I stay in Maine or New Hampshire. The desk staff was both fun and attentive. The rooms were modest but included a refrigerator and microwave which I usually have to request at other hotels and by the way I pay for... they are never free. I still get a complimentary continental breakfast which has as much variety as hotels that require an additional charge or don't include it in your rate at all. I have been a repeat customer while on business for a few years and the property feels like home and the staff is always welcoming. If you are looking for a cookie cutter sterile hotel go somewhere else because us loyal customers do not need your high and mighty opinions nor do the cordial employees need your grief. Thank you Knights Inn and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Blues T
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This is the worst place to ever stay. The rooms carpeting is so filthy that you have to wash your feet before putting on your shoes. The cabinet door fell off and the bath tile was broken to a sharp edge. The water was yellow and the shower drain was clogged. The main desk staff was rude and completely not helpful. They do not make the beds daily nor bring fresh towels daily. We had to check out and find another hotel on Labor Day weekend because we could not stay there, it was that bad.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank magickword
Reviewed 18 August 2018

My fiance and I have been staying at the Knights Inn for the last few years that we've been traveling to Salem. We're not exactly rich people, and the Knights Inn was always a great, affordable place to stay when we were in town. In fact, I apparently wrote a 5 star review for it when we were here five years ago. I wish I could write a 5 star review now, but it has become an absolute nightmare.

We arrived at the hotel at 4:00pm. Check out is 11:00am, check in is at 3:00pm, and yet somehow our room wasn't ready yet. We thought that was a little odd, since we'd never had a problem checking in before. We were offered a non-smoking room (even though we specifically requested a smoking room since my husband is a fan of the Marlboros), but we insisted on keeping the room we'd requested. We were given our key and were told it would be about another 20 minutes before the room was ready, so we went to the Guitar Center nearby to kill some time. Before we left, the woman at the front desk "joked" that if we wanted to check out early, just let her know--initially, I thought that was an odd thing to say, but now I wonder if she was trying to warn us.

When we returned an hour later, we drove up and parked in front of our room to find the door wide open, the room a mess, and housekeeping nowhere to be found. We went to the front desk and complained, because although we hate being Those Guys, at this point the room should've been ready hours ago. The man at the front desk called housekeeping, who claimed that the room was already done (???). We went back to our room and, sure enough, somehow in the five minutes between when we went to the front desk and returned to our room, it had been dealt with (although it looked like they started renovating the place and gave up halfway through). I honestly don't even trust that they put clean sheets on the bed--I think they saw us go to complain and did as quick a job as possible.

On top of all this, there were some sketchy-looking men sitting in front of the rooms on either side of us, spilling over to the front of our door (it turned out they were staying on either side of us). My fiance noticed open bottles of alcohol in their rooms, which, hey, if you're an adult and you want to party, more power to you. However, when you start banging on the walls, stomping your feet, and yelling constantly, I'm going to feel incredibly uncomfortable and unsafe.

We were planning on staying for four nights. We left within the hour. We never even unpacked our things.

My advice? Stay somewhere else. Anywhere else. Your car would be preferable to this.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple