See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Non-smoking room? Yea smelled like a ash tray and ac def had something die in it, the stairs and porch to the upper levels was clearly degrading and unsafe. Over priced POS motel that i left the second we got to the room but hey the lobby was nice!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This is our non-rated, rating for the Knight's Inn, Danvers, MA:

First of all, I booked this room to save money and because of the “continental breakfast.” I am sure that many of you will do the same thing too. Let me tell you about my experience with going frugal and why I will NEVER do it again. First, upon check-in, there was a disheveled, homeless man sleeping at a table and moaning in a dark corner of the dining area. That should have been a red flag right there. Little did I know, that would be foreshadowing the events that were to soon follow. The front desk clerk at the Knight’s Inn was frazzled and incompetent. The check-in process was a nightmare. What should have taken 5-10 minutes tops, wound up taking 30 minutes as there was patrons waiting ahead of us. We were upgraded to a “renovated” room because the 2 queen bed room that I booked weeks in advance was not available. What a joke.

Our king room smelled disgusting. The kind of aroma that makes you lose your appetite. It was an indescribable, pungent smell. Thank goodness I used my perfume to cover up the rancid odor. Hey, at least we could breathe. Let’s talk about the interior of the room. This Knight’s Inn is in desperate need of hiring an interior designer. There is an apparent lack of artistic vision in the decor in the room. The walls have an ungodly paint-palette. Even the refrigerator was disgrace. It had a tray to collect dirty, dripping water. That tray had black speckles all over it which one could infer was mold. This motel definitely does not deserve a one star rating. I mean, the shower water never even got hot. It stayed warm the entire time. As far as breakfast was concerned, don’t even bother.

When you awake, you will be greeted with a limited breakfast selection and measly portions. There was no carefully thought out beverage options. I hope you don’t mind bagels and oatmeal that you must make by yourself. If you get down on your hands and knees you will find yogurt in a cleverly hid refrigerator. If you choose to eat in their dining area, it is a teeny section behind the lobby where guests are packed in like cattle. Be prepared to sit at small, round tables for two-provided that the homeless man is not there.

Did the Knight’s Inn make us feel safe? Well, the fire alarm was suspended from the ceiling with an exposed cover dangling from a wire revealing no battery. Many electrical outlets were not usable making charging devices difficult. I forgot to mention that there was a creepy, ceiling crawl space covered with dirty, fingerprints all over it. I thought that we were going to reenact the horror movie, Vacancy. Needless to say, this caused for a restless slumber. On top of that anxiety-induced stress, when the AC unit was in use, it blew open the orange curtains prohibiting our privacy. Therefore, we were torn between bucking the chair against the window to tame the restless curtains or barricade the door because we were nestled away from civilization and feared what was lurking around this hidden gem.

One plus that I failed to mention to you in case you heed my warnings. There was the jumping “Breakers” 80s-inspired, Miami Vice- themed lounge that was parallel to the secluded motel. A good venture up there will be the highlight of your stay at this seedy motel. There you will rub elbows with other irritated patrons from the Knight’s Inn. Together you can kick back $9 glasses of wine and beat yourselves up about why you would be so cheap in the first place. I mean-you are on vacation, right? Probably. Why be so frugal? Pay the extra money. You only live once.

Did we survive? Yes. Did we have a great time away from these facilities? Most definitely. Will we ever stay here again? No way. Do we recommend this place to you? Never!!! Let’s just say I cannot wait to get home and take a real shower. At least at home, I do not need to worry about hot water and perverts who might be secretly filming me from the filthy, fingerprinted-covered, perverted peephole.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We went to Gloucester recently and were trying to find a room for a night that wasn't over priced. We found one close and convenient to Gloucester. It is an older Inn. They were very nice at check in and check out. Our room was clean. They had a simple breakfast. If you are looking for a good deal then you would want to book this but if your are looking for a real nice place to stay, this isn't it.

Room Tip: The Inn sits back from the road, so it was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Quaint little place. Staff was very nice. Had no trouble checking in. Arrived at night so we almost drove past the entrance. Room was spacious and clean. They definitely have done major renovations since our last visit a few years ago. I am in love with the new lobby and the continental breakfast was fantastic. I love pancakes.I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a decent place in the North Shore area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denisegranny7
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Wow, this place is a mess. Not sure where to start. Room was not setup, towels etc. Didn't feel clean. Sink had a scum in it. After looking closer, the sink drain stop was stuck the down. The cleaning staff had to have known it and let the nasty water sit. Maintenance was poor.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple