See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This place is nice and clean. the staff was very friendly and they have a well kept indoor pool. I wasnt crazy about the location (it isnt really near any restaurants) but the facility more than made up for it.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here before while visiting Salem as it’s cheaper and it was clean and “ok.” Made reservations months ago for last night. Called and let them know we’d be checking in around 10. Got there around 9 pm. Told us they only had smoking rooms left. Yes we smoke but not inside. What if we didn’t?! Get to room even as smokers we were absolutely disgusted. The whole smoking floor was disgusting. Felt like I was in a horror movie. The carpets in the hall looked like they haven’t been cleaned in months. Smelled of smoke and trash. Get to our room lights don’t work and neither did our deadbolt. Called the front desk and said pretty much oh well. Didn’t even offer to move us. Room besides smelling of smoke and trash was filthy. Bedspread full of holes. Bathroom not clean. Thank god it was only for one night. I can’t wait to be home and shower and wash everything I own that I brought. I felt so dirty even after showering. I feel like I caught 20 diseases there. The whole motel was completely run down. Trash everywhere. I don’t understand how places like this are allowed to be open. 164 a night! Disgusting. Please do not stay here! You will thank me!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie W
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jamie, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I visited Boston Area for a Baby Shower from Pennsylvania, I pulled up to the hotel and was instantly on guard. This is in such a isolated spot off the highway. I walked up to the Hotel and noticed some sketchy people standing outside and was already uneasy with my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful so I decided to give it a try. The Elevator was something from a horror film. I could not wait to get off, I don't even understand how it is even allowed to operate. It swayed and made so many unnatural noises for an elevator. They only had 2 Luggage carts for a hotel of its size. I got off on my floor and it smelled like weed and was extremely dark and dreary. Again, I was trying to stay optimistic. The room was very clean, but there is no microwave, fridge or even coffee pot. Which I have never seen that at any motel/hotel chain. I did not spend much time in the hotel, I stayed for the weekend and was quick to leave. As a woman who stayed here alone, I did not feel very safe with the people they had hanging around and the dark halls and weed smell. Will not stay here when I visit boston again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Jaelyn, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Planned a last minute overnight trip to the North Shore. We brought our dog along. Being that this is a VERY dog friendly hotel and our options were limited, we decided to stay here. We did not hang out at the hotel other than to sleep. I have stayed at one other Motel 6 and you get what you pay for. Room was clean. It was a non smoking room but you could smell the cigarette smoke. No complaints about the room other than the slight smell. Was clean. Fresh and numerous towels. Hallways a bit dark and dreary. One thing to note. This is an older building and I did not see fire sprinklers. Plenty of smoke detectors in rooms and halls. As for price. It was high for a budget hotel. But the market will dictate the price. We wee there in the fall and the hotel was fully booked. High demand equals high price. I would stay here again if I had my dog. No extra charge and they do not have special dog rooms. Everyone I met there was friendly and helpful. This is a budget hotel. You have to understand the clientele are budget conscious consumers. Do not expect 4 or 5 star accommodations.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We always travel with our pup. So, it was nice to have that for no extra charge. Staff was super friendly, clean room, sheets clean, plenty of towels given, tv worked fine, and overall I got what I paid for. I read many picky reviews, and after reading the reviews and low ratings of this hotel, I will not lie when I say I got worried to stay here. However, I was 100% satisfied to stay here, and will return! Decent rates, 10 minute ride to Salem and all the shops/ghost walks. great place to stay!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family