“Friendly staff”

Yamato Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #9 of 187 Restaurants in Brockton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

The night of my visit power was lost in the shopping plaza likely due to a vehicle accident.
We had already ordered our food but the hot meals could not be provided!due to the lack of power.
The staff was helpful in settling payment arrangements. Will look forward to returning... with food this time!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I️ went alone but was seated with a family. We waited about 25-30min to be seated. Our server took our drink orders right away and our salad and soup came fairly quickly. But we waited an hour, maybe more before the chef came to cook out meal. It was getting quite late, all of us starving and exhausted and frustrated with the wait time.
2 of us myself and the dad of the family I️ was with have shellfish allergies and told them that. I️ asked that the shrimp not be cooked until everything else was cooked and off the grill because I️ have an anaphylactic reaction. Several people had been told and this wasn’t my first visit there. Well, they still can’t figure it out. They do cook the shrimp last but don’t understand cross contamination. So again multiple people at the table as I️ explain to them why I️ can’t eat anything that’s still being cooked because they just put the shrimp down to cook too. Their answer is it’s ok, we’ll cook it out back and I️ said no. You clearly don’t understand what cross contamination is and why this is an issue I️ can’t watch you cook it out back I️ don’t trust you cooking it if I️ can’t watch it being cooked so that I️ know exactly what’s going on. This isn’t the first time you’ve done this. You need to learn about food allergies and why you can’t do this. This is a big deal. You could kill someone.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Food is good but I had a $50 gift card which the manager refused to honor because he said it was too old. He specifically said "I don't know what to tell you"?????---Well, he could simply have honored the gift card! Very disappointed, not the way to treat a customer.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Bartender is great, friendly and great drinks. Food is consistent. Prices are reasonable. Have yet to have a bad experience here

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 17 October 2017

My girlfriends and I celebrate birthdays Six of us went in May to celebrate two of the ladies birthdays. We choose to sit. So that our dinners would be cooked table side. We were all seated comfortably by a charming hostess. A waitress promptly took our drink orders and the speciality drinks were all delicious. The wine drinkers were pleased. For entrees we choose among many combinations. Our chief was so talented we were fasinated All of the food was ready at the same time and was delicious. We were impressed .No room for dessert. Lunch and dinner our served 7 days a week till 10 pm The was a fun night out but plan on around $40.00 dollars per person with a cocktail.

Date of visit: May 2017