All reviews beach bar ocean edge private beach cape cod the pub west wing beach staff cocktail hour planning process terrace restaurant indoor pool tennis courts wedding coordinator family vacation rehearsal dinner front lawn wait staff
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The bartenders Adam and Riste at the Ocean Terrace Bar were very friendly, made some great cocktails, and just generally made us feel welcome. We posted up at the bar for several hours on a Sunday and just had a flat out awesome time.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Beautiful golf course, lots of activities, easy access to town and many restaurants and pubs. The pools and other Ocean Edge services are centrally located and shuttle busses run all day. About 30 minutes to Hyannis or maybe 40 to Providence Town, the location cannot be beat. Within 10 minutes you can be at a number of bay side beaches and Nickerson State Park.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family just returned from a week at the Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort. The location and the property are great - private beach, tennis courts, central location to other attractions in Cape Cod. I read that they had recently renovated the rooms so we went with high hopes of clean, well appointed room. Our room was called premier two queen beds. In reality, it's really two full size beds. With its room size, I can't see how it'd fit two queen size beds. Rather misleading, I think. The room was okay but the patio was deplorable. Moss and mildew everywhere. Not that there was much of view from the patio, but we wanted to sit back and have some wine since the weather was beautiful. In the end, we could not stand looking at the filth all around.

What's really bad is the thin wall in the room. We woke up 3 consecutive days to the sound of our neighbor having sex. You can hear every footsteps of people above you. You can hear conversations next door. I don't think they were being particularly loud. The walls are just really thin! We had to turn on TV all time we were in the room just so we can drown out the noise.

One positive note about the place is the friendly service. Everyone was courteous and eager to help. But at this price point (<$700/night), I expect to have some privacy in a clean room. I don't think that's unreasonable. Definitely will not be returning.

Room tip: If you must stay here, insist on a 2nd floor.
Date of stay: August 2014
6  Thank momoftwo_NJ
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I want to personally thank the entire Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club team, including the Corcoran Family, General Manager Robert Newman, Resort Manager Bryan Webb, Senior Manager Sean Sullivan, Director of Sales Ray L'Heureux and a cast of hundreds for my daughter Colleen's wedding on Saturday, August 2nd. The entire day was spectacular, and Ocean Edge should be highly proud of its company, resort and staff. Saturday in the rain was a challenging day and Ocean Edge had to juggle multiple weddings, somewhat of a high wire circus act. The professional friendly manner of the staff, the incredible food & beverage, the grand ballroom and the overall atmosphere at Ocean Edge was the stuff of movies! Saturday was a mix of emotions/blessings in giving my only daughter away. Ocean Edge stepped up big time to make this transition a joy for all who attended!

Greg O'Brien

Room tip: The newly renovated guest rooms on the Mansion side of the property are spectacular
Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank Codfish7
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My Family and I headed to the Mansion at Ocean Edge for the first time last weekend. I had been refereed to the location by a friend who was familiar with the property. My wife and I have traveled extensively and particularly enjoy staying at resort style properties. We enjoy going places that offer an array of activities and amenities. My wife and I both agreed that this resort was not only great, but world class. Our experience here was outstanding. From the moment we arrived we were blown away by the location and its elegant surroundings. We were greeted by, Sean Sullivan, he set the tone for the whole trip. Upbeat and eager to accommodate us in any way he managed to make us feel at home and at the same time provide us with information both about the resort and some of the local venues. I find it impressive when a hotel or resort can maintain a certain level of elegance and at the time make you feel comfortable and at home. Sean even set us up with reservations at the terrace restaurant upon our arrival. The meal we had that evening was one of the best meals I have ever had anywhere. The halibut was second to none. The rooms in the Mansion were beautifully appointed and newly renovated, spacious and clean. We particularly enjoyed the view and proximity to all the amenities. We were a 5 minute walk to the private beach and a two minute wok from both the indoor and outdoor pools. The workout room was great and my wife loved her massage and spa treatment. I think the thing we enjoyed the most was the bonfire on the beach! Typical Cape Cod coast with breathtaking views of the ocean and surrounding areas! The list of things you can due is endless, paddle boarding, Gold, biking, tennis, etc.......we spent 4 days here and did not even make dent in the array of activities available. Plenty to do! With all this going on I still felt that the best asset that this resort has to offer is its service. Happy, service oriented and professional. A rare combination now a days. I have to say that this was not only the best 4 days I had all summer but probably all year. We will defiantly be back and would recommend this place to anyone. It is a great romantic getaway as well as a great place to bring the family. I would have to say from the accommodations to he food, to the location and especially the service.....this place is second to none! We will defiantly be back next year!

Room tip: The Suite in the Mansion on the seaside had great views!
Date of stay: July 2014