All reviews free laundry candlewood cupboard full size refrigerator stove top available for purchase front desk staff other hotels no frills easy access fitness center kitchenette dishwasher boston cooktop mall highway timer
Reviewed 20 October 2018

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and large with a kitchenette. The furnishing were adequate, it reminded me of an Econo Lodge. There was a coffee maker in the room. Breakfast bars, juice and coffee were offered in the morning.

Date of stay: October 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Hello readeasy,

We recognize your time is valuable and greatly appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to hear about your satisfactory stay at the hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly staff and clean rooms. We are always very happy when a guests' provides feedback about the wonderful service they have received. As soon as I received your comments, I immediately forwarded them to the management and ownership of the hotel. They will ensure that the staff knows what a great job they have done and also ensure they are recognized for their efforts.

Please come back and create some more good memories with us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 September 2018

There are no frills here but the rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast is not great but it is free. There aren't any restaurants nearby but food can be delivered. I stay here often when in town to visit family.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 16 July 2018

-Had a 1 Bedroom suite for 2 nights with a sofabed & kitchen with supplies. Requested a rollaway bed through reservation but no one mentioned it at check in. I figured I’d check the room first if we really needed it. In our room, we’d have to rearrange furniture to make it fit so we didn’t bother. Otherwise, it was spacious for us.
-The room smelled musty or something.
-The exhaust fan was either not working or not strong enough, so the bathroom seemed dingy.
-There wasn’t any fan if you’re cooking, which I didn’t do. We had cereal and fruit for breakfast. We used the microwave and fridge.
-I guess that’s why the place smelled, because there aren’t any exhaust fans.
-I really liked the free onsite guest laundry. There are 5 washing machines; 2 takes powder, 3 uses liquid detergent. There are 5 dryers. They worked fine to me. If you’re doing a couple loads of laundry you can buy the detergent in the “cupboard”. Otherwise bring a small amount of your own.
-They have a “cupboard” which you can get drinks, snacks and microwavable food. Free coffee in this area.
-If we had time to look at this cupboard before we bought groceries, I would’ve done so.
-I didn't like it when people were smoking and talking right outside our window. It woke us up. We were on the first floor.
-Driving into & out of Boston almost 1/2 hour each way was tolerable.
-South Shore Plaza was nice to have nearby, about 5 min away.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Room was comfortable but not fancy in any way. First room had an odd smell and the staff was very accommodating. Maid service only once a week and no restaurant or bar on premise. Small snack shelves and limited drink availability.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Braintree is about 15 miles south of Logan airport on the "South Shore." The pros re location: Braintree MBTA subway station connects to stations into and all over metro Boston, Short (but congested) drive from downtown Boston, easy access to interstates/Rte. 128, ready access to Cape Cod, adjacent Blue Hills Reservation (6,000-acre state park for bbq, hiking, swimming, horse riding skiing in season etc.), short distance to South Shore Plaza (largest mall in New England), and, if flying in, catch Logan Express-Braintree and use Uber/Lyft/taxi to Suites and/or rent an Enterprise or other car in Braintree to avoid rip-off for toll responder and airport fees.That said, there are other hotels on Wood Rd. that offer competitive rates. Cons: it's about trade-offs versus other hotels. The rates are dear, as they are generally in Boston and vicinity, but at the lower but not low price end. For a 7-day stay we were told at check-in that there is no daily housekeeping, that one can change towels out by bringing and exchanging in the lobby. We found the temperature control system (wall-mounted) to result in obnoxious and loud blasts, even at low fan setting, with frequent adjustments needed during the night. There was a continuous systemic machine humming/ vibration felt and heard in second floor suite, easily ignored during the day but disconcerting during the night. We had few good night sleeps. Not a problem with the bed though. We lived through it. The pros: well supplied with fridge microwave, cooktop, cooking equipment, utensils, glass and plates, initial starter supplies of coffee & tea. With a little external shopping for breakfast , lunch and snacks, drinks, fruit, etc. one can "save" $s. There is an onsite "honors" cafe to purchase food and drink. Coffee is free. A small workout area adjoins it. Also, free washer/dryers (laundry powder available for purchase.) In my younger days with kids this would be a good choice economically. However, there is no lounge and no community room so be prepared to head out with the kids. But, as a senior couple, we'll go with an adjacent hotel (we have been pleased in the past with Hampton Inn next door.)

Date of stay: May 2018