“Amazing Venue”

North Shore Music Theatre
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Beverly
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We saw Jekyll and Hyde here on two occasions. Because this is a theater in-the-round, there are no bad sets. This show was phenomenal and we could not believe what they were able to do with the staging and sets. The staff at the theater were friendly and efficient. We’ll be back!

If you found this review helpful, please consider giving us a helpful vote.

Date of experience: October 2018
"matinee performance"
"jekyll and hyde"
"attending shows"

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Love the theater, love the shows. We have been to many performances at the NSMT. For us, it allows us to go to the theater but without the hassle on going into Boston. The theater is rounded so there are no bad seats. The performances have been spectacular. Recently we saw MaMa Mia and it was outstanding. Parking is free. Every year they come out with new shows and I swear they just keep getting better and better!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Always love NSMT. Just saw Mama Mia and planning to see Hairspray! Love the round center theater. All seats are excellent.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

This theatre is amazing! You can’t go wrong here! I am a summer resident of the North Shore (from Los Angeles) and see pretty much every show available each summer—at least twice! It’s basically Broadway on the North Shore!

There are always top quality performances often with seasoned Broadway players in the shows and pretty much a full equity cast! The theatre-in-the-round experience at this venue is totally unique and no seat is really too far from an immersive stage experience!

I can also highly recommend coming here for dinner at their own restaurant Bistro on the hill just steps from the theatre or the outdoor garden pub restaurant in the beautiful setting surrounding the theatre outside.

Lots of parking (free) or $10 for premium spaces. Paid Subscribers have a separate lot and there is access to a “drop off”for handicapped or elderly for all who may need it near the Box Office!

NSMT caters to families too, with at least one huge family show per season! I saw Peter Pan twice and the kids were enthralled! The snack bars are loaded with goodies and there is a full bar! They also serve coffee! Yay! And all of it can be taken into the theatre! The tickets are priced to sell! Literally 1/3 of what you’d pay just 28 miles away in downtown Boston!

I am an avid theatre-goer around the entire USA—and I can assure you, this place is a gem! You won’t be disappointed!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We saw Mamma Mia ! The show was amazing !!! My big problem was before the show. We went to the Bistro restaurant for the Buffet. We got there at 7:15, were seated, then went up to check out the food. The carving station only had scraps left, and when asked we were told no more would be coming out I asked to speak to the chef and was told the Chef was unavailable, but that no more would be available. I know people say they know, but I have worked as a Chef/Kitchen Manager for 35 years, and I would be embarrassed to not be able to keep my guests happy for the whole Buffet. That is your Job, not to run out, or at least have a substitute to offer ! Well, we walked out. I was not going to pay 31.95 for an incomplete Buffet. I did not think the rest of the food looked that good anyway. I would not recommend the Restaurant. I WOULD , HOWEVER VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE THEATRE !!! THE SHOW WAS AMAZING AND IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO WATCH A SHOW !!!