All reviews indoor pool and hot tub oceanfront room ocean view tower building choice hotels full kitchen oceanfront efficiency large room great ocean location was perfect nice stay cleaning staff pools qi boardwalk dishwasher cvs
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Just returned from a 2-night stay at the Quality Inn on 16th street and boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

We were on the 9th floor efficiency room in the tower, oceanfront, and the view was spectacular!

As you enter the room, you step into the dining area with full-sized refrigerator, stove, oven, sink, and dishwasher with a small table and chairs. Immediately to the side of the entry door is the bathroom door – full tub with shower, toilet, and sink (limited counter space). The shower had very good pressure, even on the 9th floor, and it drained well. Entering the main part of the room, there were two queen beds separated by a night stand. The mattresses were comfortable, and each bed had 4 pillows. Across from the beds was a dresser and mirror. Next was a seating area which could be separated from the sleeping area by pulling a curtain. The seating area had a sleep sofa, chair, coffee table, end table, and a flat-screen TV sitting atop a cabinet. We didn't open the sofa bed, but the sofa itself was firm and comfortable. The balcony was large enough for a small table, two chairs, and room to spare.
Most importantly, the room was clean and odor-free. (We are non-smokers.)

We never did figure out how to work the heat/AC, but we opened the balcony door (it also had a screen door) and set a fan in front of it. That kept the air moving, and the room comfortable.

One thing my husband and I noted – we never once left our room without seeing and being greeted by working staff. Whether it was the housekeeper in the hall, the gentleman checking the quality of the pool water, or someone mopping the lobby floors – we always saw staff busily at work, and they always had a smile and a nice word for us. The hotel looks older, and it appears to have been renovated, but the maintenance and housekeeping staff work hard to keep the building in great shape.

The only constructive criticism that I can offer is that I wish the pool and fitness area opened earlier – it opens at 8 AM. By 8 AM, I'd already walked 5 miles on the boardwalk, and my husband had already driven to Ocean Pines, exercised at their indoor pool, and driven back! It worked out fine for me because the weather was nice enough to enjoy a sunrise walk on the boardwalk. But, if the weather had been worse, I would have really liked to be able to get on a treadmill before 8 AM. The indoor pool wasn't deep enough for my husband to do his treading exercises, but that's not unusual for indoor hotel pools. When the pool was open, it was always in use when we walked by – families playing together, folks soaking in the hot tub.

All-in-all, we had a wonderful stay, and I certainly recommend this hotel. I could have spent our entire OC stay sitting on the balcony and enjoying the ocean view!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We rented a two Queen bed oceanfront efficiency in the tower. When we got there we were offered an 8th floor room. The room was spacious and clean. The view was amazing. My son spent a lot of time in the pool while my wife and I loved the hot tub. What I enjoyed the most about the hotel was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone we dealt with from the people at the front desk to the cleaning staff we passed in the halls were friendly and smiling. It was probably the friendliest hotel I have ever stay in. My son wants to know when we are going back. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

My family stayed here this past St Patty's Day weekend and had a nice stay at the Quality Inn Boardwalk. It didn't start off well as our heater in our room was not working when we checked in. A service guy came and got the heater running but to only stop later that night again.We were moved to another room with a working heater and all was good. The ladies at the front desk went out of their way to make sure our stay was a success. The hotel has some great amenities like an indoor pool, bar and restaurant on site. Being located right on the boardwalk is such an awesome perk.Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable for 4.
Our stay started off rocky but it ended with a great weekend in OC. I would consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Best hotel on the Boardwalk for the annual Ocean City Airshow; just walk out from room to the boardwalk where all the airshow tents, booths and attractions are. Ocean view room a must to watch the airshow.

Room Tip: ocean views a must to watch the airshow.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Terrible stay. We had asked for a crib which was not there. Our room was located right next to the outdoor bar where employees went to smoke cigarettes and complain about their job. Our door key didn't work for more then two days in which we spent with maintenance pounding on door and working on the door while our 2-year-old could not get any sleep. Continuously told it was fixed - had to continuously go to the main desk to have someone open the door for us. We were told there were no other rooms. They ended up moving us to another room at 11:30 at night - awesome with 2 kids. The new room was filthy with food and garbage under the bed. No explanations. No apologies. Worst place we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family