All reviews denny's attached denny's restaurant bay view indoor pool direct tv room was clean hot tub nice hotel golf trip choice hotels fifth floor microwave and refrigerator short stay would stay here again checking in nice stay front desk staff
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Very average 2* quality hotel in a shopping mall with dodgy characters lurking outside the hotel. Parking was a real $#it show with the parking lot being full of trucks with trailers - some taking up as many as 10 parking spaces. Regular guests were relegated to a 5-minute walk from the nearest available parking spot or suggested to park on the street outside the hotel instead of the hotel controlling parking by the people with trailers taking up 10 parking spaces each.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AnonEMuss2018
Reviewed 4 October 2018

4th floor, wall of windows overlooks wetlands with egrets, great blue herons, beautiful morning sunrises on the water and grasslands. Very comfortable, clean, friendly place to stay, also. It's not right on the ocean but the view was great.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Ideally when I go to Ocean City I get a hotel near the boardwalk and not worry about driving until it is time to leave. In this case we couldn’t get a room near the boardwalk because we decided to go at the last minute so price was a factor. This hotel hit the nail on the head for being the middle point between price and location. It is 10 minutes away from the main part of the boardwalk but the drive is fairly stress-free as it is just straight down Coastal Hwy. The room was uneventful – in a good way – and the staff is terrific.

The hotel does have a few drawbacks that kept me from giving it 5 stars. First, pay attention to the pictures of the hotel and make sure you note Denny’s is adjacent (and somewhat in front of) the hotel. My GPS had a hard time finding the hotel because it’s technically part of the Gold Coast Mall. In addition to the Denny’s there is a movie theater that shares the property. When we went back to the hotel at night I would drop the family off in front of the hotel and then drive around the lot looking for parking. My family ate at the Denny’s a couple of times but it is definitely a step down in quality from the hotel. The hallway from the hotel to the restaurant is dark and smelly which takes away from the feeling of being on vacation. My kids spent a couple of hours in the pool (they are kids) but it was dark and in need of maintenance.

In summary, I found this to be a good choice for a value hotel and my family would definitely stay here again. However, if you are the type of person who can be snooty at times I would stick to just the core of the hotel and stay away from the pool, restaurant and other amenities.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor to avoid some of the noise
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Needed to visit relatives in Bethany Beach, DE for a few days and with limited hotels there plus a high cost, I opted to drive a few miles South and stay in Ocean City Maryland instead. I only needed a place to sleep and was not going to be spending any time at OCMD attractions so choosing a location away from most things was a more affordable way to go.

After my research, I selected the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. It was your typical Comfort Inn setup, except there was no Continental Breakfast. Not the end of the world though as the property was connected to a Denny's Restaurant, however that was a little more time consuming than just grabbing something quick and also had to pay, of course.

I encountered two problems during my stay. The first was that my room was only a few feet away from an exterior door where workers were using a jackhammer outside of it early each morning as new sidewalks were being installed at an adjacent movie theatre. Nothing they could have done about that and am sure will never happen again to another guest in the future. The other problem was a very unreliable Wi-Fi in my room and throughout the premises which actually forced me to run off my data plan and ended using much more than I wanted.

Besides that, my stay was acceptable and the price, although high for what I had, was still much lower than other OCMD locations - mostly because of location. Upon checkout I did not feel it necessary to make any comments about those two items unless asked. They did question if everything was satisfactory with my stay and did speak up about those items. Was not requesting or expecting any compensation, nor was it offered, but just wanted to let them know.

To my surprise, once checked out and in the parking lot loading my car, the Front Desk Manager Joseph Quick came out to me and said he overheard what I had said at the desk and apologized for both situations and told me he was going to refund 1/2 the price of my stay! I was shocked and thanked him so much saying I was not expecting anything but just reporting my experience. He said I should see a credit within a few days on my card. It did take longer than that and also required a few e-mails and phone calls as he asked me to do such if it did not appear - but eventually all was settled to more than my satisfaction.

Due to Mr.Quick's above and beyond action to come out into the lot and track me down, I was thoroughly impressed and would definitely stay there again the next time I am in that area.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GTPM
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for the Labor Day weekend and were very pleased. The room was clean and every time we passed an employee they were very friendly and hospitable. We arrived at 9 am and the front desk was very helpful and had us in a room well before noon. the bed was firm but offered good support and was comfortable. I would stay again at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family