All reviews room was clean amusement park ferris wheel jolly rogers plenty of hot water quick walk to the beach heated pool free coffee in the lobby absolutely stay here again on site parking mother's day the check in process the air conditioning senior week microwave boardwalk rates
Reviewed 13 August 2017

On the lower end of the price scale with a decent location in OC, MD, which is what I wanted for a quick overnight stay, but still $250/night.The room was n desperate need of a new ed; one of the two in our room was decrepit ... when I sat on it, I was leaning at a 30 degree angle. It made me wonder exactly how old it was. As I was trying to go to sleep, I actually did think for a moment that I would like to go sleep in my car. The room had a strong antiseptic smell when we went in, but we got used to it after a while. People smoking on the outside walkways was unpleasant. I know the rooms are cleaned, but perhaps it is because of the age of the motel that I just didn't get the feeling of ever being really comfortable overall. The air conditioner kept our room cool enough. It took us some time to realize we had to turn on a wall switch to get the TV to work.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank KTM990-28
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Good, clean, old style, no frills place to stay. Friendly helpful staff. The rooms were adequate size but the beds seem kind of small. Close to beach access. Close to amenities. Nice place for the price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Great location.
Next to Jolly rogers park but the games are more for
Small kids. Not teenager friendly
Next to the beach
Near boardwalk about 5 min by car
Near restaurants and stores

Rooms are clean but they clean the rooms very early ( 9h30 am ). Not fun when you are on vacation

Place is friendly but really needs to be updated
Pool is clean and verified daily

On the negative side
Very noisy all around

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

There were several pros to this motel: on beachside and next to beach access, walking distance to the beach and many restaurants, pool, changing room with toilet to use if you arrive before check-in or stay after check-out.

The cons: room was dirty. There was food over the table and in the mini fridge and garbage under the beds. Our beds were missing sheets but were promptly brought to us when we asked. Ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for more. The room was also very outdated and needed some maintenance.

This was one of the cheaper places we found online and it was still pricey in comparison to what you get.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017

my boyfriend had stayed here 20 years ago and thought it would be fun to stay for our beach getaway, aaaand not so much....

the rooms were clean however there weren't enough parking spaces to accommodate all of the guests, which we found out (unfortunately) when we returned after 12:30 one night, we were advised by the front desk they did have overflow parking in the rear of the building or we could park on the street, not good, the street parking was taken up for almost our entire street, parking our vehicle and walking several blocks to our hotel was not an option, so we left our vehicle in the lot when parking did become available and either walked or took a taxi so we wouldn't lose our parking space.

The only ice machine available was on the 2nd FL of the hotel, if you didn't get there early enough the machine ran out quickly.

Some of the other guests were very loud, each night we were woken up by screaming and yelling, usually around 2:30AM.

on the positive side the beach access was fantastic, location was perfect as you are near most attractions and restaurants, and wifi was consistent.

you do get what you pay for, the rooms were moderately priced however when we return next year we will definitely stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: if you have children stay on the first or 2nd FL as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple