Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best home and gift store in Maine

This is my favorite store in Maine. The people are lovely, the pieces are elegant and they have a... read more

Reviewed 22 November 2018
Dreamer783256
via mobile
LOVE this shop!

This is my go-to store for gifts, especially those that are Maine related. It’s *not* a craft... read more

Reviewed 30 October 2018
TravelerNorfolk
Harpswell, Maine
via mobile

All reviews hostess gift an array gift store the owner brad darling ornaments nautical delight items furnishings gem art maine
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Birch Home Furnishings & Gifts is a charming gift shop in Wiscasset, Maine. Beautiful art, ornaments, unique gifts for every member of your family at any age. The gentlemen who own the store have very discriminating taste as far as the offerings for their customers. There is a variety of price ranges within. If you are looking for a gift for someone else or something unique for your home, make sure you visit the Birch gift shop!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Margaret B
Brad S, Owner at BIRCH home furnishings and gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you so much, Margaret for your "rave" review!! We certainly appreciate your time in writing about our store and hope that you will stop by next time you are in Wiscasset.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

After a bit of lobster it is a delight to walk through BIRCH home furnishing and gifts. There is an array of items that make perfect souvenirs and a number of price points - including a darling pinecone Christmas Tree ornament for under $5.00. The owners are very helpful and informative. Don't miss this shop and enjoy being delighted.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank sandrap912014

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and future visitors to our shop and Wiscasset.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

What a gorgeous store! I live in Lewes, Delaware so I have seen my share of "nautical" themed stores and I tend to cringe when everything is seashell this and anchor that. This is not that kind of schleppy tourist spot. The owner has fabulous taste, and is very friendly. He's been in business just two years - I know I didn't remember it from my 2010 visit! I saw SO many things I would have in my own home, in particular the versatile hassocks/seats/soft tables that are tucked under the center table. This store is garden/nautical chic with lovely figurines and accents that would blend into any decore. We bought a wooden black whale tail that I thought was very tasteful. I hope they have a website, for I would patronize this store from a distance.

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank Lucinda302
Brad S, Owner at BIRCH home furnishings and gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words!! Our mission is to continue to bring unique items and a fresh prospective of coastal decor to Maine's mid-coast. We hope that you will be able to return more often to enjoy our beautiful area!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We have shopped at Birch for a couple of years and always ended up buying enough that we had to take advantage of their shipping service. It is a small shop but one with a delightful variety of items for the home that evoke summer on the coast of Maine. It's a must stop type of place while you are exploring the other shops with personality in this small town. Stop and explore and have lunch too. It's fun in the summer. January, I'm not too sure - chilly - but in the summer it's truly a Maine delight.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thanks for stopping to see us again... and for the kind words of your review. All much appreciated!! Hope to see you on the next trip to Maine!
Brad & Greg

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I had a chance to stop at Birch in Wiscasset yesterday. This is a wonderful shop. Beautifully merchandized with lovely things for your home or cottage. The owners are gracious and so friendly. Worth the trip to beautiful Wiscasset.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Meredith W
Brad S, Owner at BIRCH home furnishings and gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you so much Meredith for the kind words!! We look forward to seeing you again soon!