“Pig out awesome”
Review of The Proper Pig

The Proper Pig
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Waterville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When anywhere near Waterville ME go to this restaurant. After a day rafting on the river and on our way to Camden this was the perfect pit stop. We sampled beer and food and we loved it all. Our favorite was pig pen fen. The staff was great and you can sit outside. Some of the entrees are huge so don’t fill up on entree. We had our go to, fried pickles and they were better than most. We ate so much we didn’t try desert however the options look great.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

Great vibe and good food & Drink here in Waterville .Happy hour on Sat aftn to boot !!Stopped in for a five dollar rum punch on a mild January afternoon . This place has a great vibe . The decor very very cool .We snacked on some buffalo beer battered shrimp that was simply delicious ! Carrie the tender of the bar was super . Great smile and nice conversation . We are going to be back for sure !!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

Passing through Waterville to visit the Colby Museum, we found our way to the Proper Pig, since we’re always in search of good barbecue.

What we ended up getting were some of the appetizers featuring pork belly, which were so tasty. Accompanied by one of their excellent beer choices.

Worth putting on future Waterville itineraries!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank J--Harpswell
Reviewed 12 September 2019

I’ve been meaning to go to the proper pictures they open. I am glad I finally got there. Are usually have salads at lunch so I know what is good and what could be improved.
I decided on their Caesar salad with grilled chicken.I have to say it was one of the best I ever had! Everything was tasty. The chicken was still warm when serve to me.The Greens we’re fresh, dressing was better than most. I always think shaved Parmesan makes the salad.That is what they use.
Probably most people don’t go there for salad. But it’s a great alternative if you don’t want burgers etc.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 12 September 2019

Stopped by for lunch to catch up with some friends. Sat outside. Nice day but noise from adjacent construction of new hotel was distracting. Waitress was great. Food was good.

Date of visit: August 2019