“Disappointing”

Ranked #15 of 63 Restaurants in Saco
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Maine's original fast food joint . Established in 1953.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Stopped by to try a “Big One” (a double cheeseburger) for myself and a double hamburger for my wife. I ordered a large order of onion rings to share. After a couple minutes, one of the guys asked how I wanted them. I heard someone else before me say “Loaded” so I said the same for myself. A minute or so later, they were ready and I took them home. I was really disappointed in what I received. I’ve never seen tomatoes sliced that thin before. The single postage-stamp sized piece of lettuce was hidden by boring bun. The onion rings were awful. Many of them were stringy, That first layer under the onion skin, which you can’t bite through and choke you try when you try to swallow. They were also greasy, leaving puddles of grease at the bottom of the box. I’ll never return.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I stop by whenever I am passing through downtown Saco around lunchtime. There are benches outside for sitting, or you can stand inside along the counter along the outside window, but I usually get my order to go. The house special is the "Big One"; a double cheese burger on a toasted bun. They also have hamburgers, hot dogs, cheese dogs, chili dogs, grilled chicken sandwich, french fries, and onion rings, and fountain soda. They also have lobster rolls and clam cakes, but I have never tried those. There is always a line but it moves quickly. When your order is ready, they call you up to the counter, ask you what you want for toppings, they add the toppings and hand you your order. Perfect.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

hidden gem friendly place with great lobster rolls
prices will not hurt your pocketbook
carry out only

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

They have the best hot dogs and hamburgers locally. And still family operated! Late hours for good food anytime, if your in the area you need to check them out

Reviewed 19 August 2017

On the outside, Rapid Ray's looks like an old-fashioned diner, but on the inside there are no tables, just ledges along all of the windows to stand and eat and in good weather there is a bench outside and under cover. You go in, order on the left, and pretty quickly your order is ready on the right side of the window. The burgers are pretty thin, so I had the "Big One" a double cheeseburger. With it I ordered a small fries. The burger is an excellent, greasy spoon type of burger done on a flat top. They put two pieces of cheese on the double and it was great. The thin fries were done perfectly. Service is friendly and fast. It is fast food without some national franchise. For what it is, this place is a treat.

Been to Rapid Ray's? Share your experiences!