1,484 results
All reviews great view electric fireplace continental breakfast room was clean private balcony keurig coffee maker full moon flat screen tv the breakfast area scones rooms are large bagels great place to stay mid coast stayed longer midcoast maine heated pool
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We went to Maine for a quick trip to help my son get situated. I found Ledges on Booking.com. The rooms have plenty of space and a great view of the water. The beds are comfortable. The room has a small back porch to sit and watch the waterfowl and other birds.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wander92774
Ledges_1, Manager at Ledges By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel. Do check out our Facebook page for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This is the first negative review I've ever written - but feel the need to warn others about our horrendous experience.We recently had reservations for a 3 day weekend in the "coveside retreat" After driving over 9 hours we were shocked and disgusted by what we had reserved. After walking down the dangerously unlit steps we walked into ( literally - as the front door was wide open) filth. The living room smelled like a frat house - there were beer cans and cigarette butts everywhere, the bedroom had dirty sheets on the floor, cleaning products were strewn about - and most disturbing were 3 boxes of mouse/rat poison on the table! We were incredibly upset and went to the office immediately. The night manager Andi seemed to think we were exxagerating - but came to see for herself the deplorable conditions., She immediately apologized, refunded our money and found us accommodations at the Hampton Inn in Thomaston. She contacted the manager - and offered to have the cleaning crew come in - but there was NO WAY we were going back. We lost one night of our long-awaited get away and have sent numerous emails and letters with photos to the owners Amit and Nick Patel. We have still not heard back from them explaining or apologizing how this was acceptable. I truly urge anyone considering staying here to strongly reconsider!

Room tip: AVOID staying here!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank GailH1093

Dear Guest,
I would like to personally apologize for your unpleasant stay at our property. I appreciate you making us aware of the issue. I will do everything that I can to remedy the problem and ensure that no other guest has unpleasant experience I hope that if you’re in the area you’ll stay with us, as we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We stayed here in a nice room with a balcony, overlooking the water last weekend while in town for the "Pies on Parade" event in Rockland. The room was cozy and although it was very chilly outside, we did go out on the balcony to enjoy the view. The location is very convenient too, we had breakfast in Camden and dinner in Rockland a couple times, then after all our days activities it was nice to return to our big comfy bed. Highly recommend!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank D123ANE

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We stayed at the ledges not for vacation but because we were in the area for a funeral....but we loved our room the view was incredible the bed was amazing the room was clean and at check in everything went easily....we will be going back in the future for a much needed vacation....

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Del P
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We always make it a point to stay at The Ledges whenever we travel to MidCoast of Maine. The rooms are clean, mattress and bedding was terrific. You can not beat the view out of the window to the bay. Fabulous time and will stay again, hopefully soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple